Twenty-One: Dove

Twenty-One:

Dove

              Breakfast was quiet this morning without Gedeon or Timor who had left early to attend a meeting. Honestly, after yesterday, I had no idea how I was supposed to react. According to him, I had a ground shaking orgasm that made my head spin and a burst of stars in my vision. It was something I've never experienced with Robert, and I had no idea what made me not want to break away from him yesterday.

              He gave me a choice to stop, and I didn't want to. The fact that he had asked only made me wetter, made me want him in that moment. Since then, my head has been a mess with why.

Everyone looked to be at edge with their phones and tablets laid onto the table. Though no one dared to say anything against the silence. Even Anastasia who was usually smiling and laughing looked restless.

              "So, what's everyone's plan today?" Aleksei asked, placing his plate into the sink.

              "Practice my throwing skills with Lizabeta," Nicolai mumbled, deadpanned. Though, I could see him staring at me like I was the target practice as he stabbed his steak with the knife. I was glad Lizabeta wasn't here, since both of them seemed to detest me the most. He turned his attention back to Anastasia and his shoulder relaxed just marginally. "What about you, Ana?"

              She hummed lightly, tilting her head to the side and tapped her chin in thought. "Well, it seemed like it's been wanting to rain recently, so I'm definitely going to take the clothes from the rack outside after the dishes. Then maybe cleaning up the house? It's due for a cleaning now that the winter season is almost over. Seems I'm pretty busy today. What about you two?"

              "Honestly, nothing much. Maybe I'll spar later with you and Lizaebeta later," Aleksei said, nodding to Nicolai before he gazes at me. "What about you, Dove?"

              Seeing as everyone was busy for the day, I shrugged. Gedeon had given me more than I can ever imagine yesterday. In fact, I had taken most of last night reading a book I've picked up out of whim. I had drifted to sleep, and I didn't have a nightmare either. It was a romance book taking place in the Great Depression with a strong heroine, just like Jo. "Maybe catch up on reading this new book I picked up yesterday. Unless you'd like me to help, Ana?"

              Anastasia shook her head at my offer after washing and rinsing most of the dishes. "Nah, the other maids can help out but if I need a baking partner, I'll def—"

              "Aw, your husband isn't here," Lizabeta said in a mocking tone, coming down in just a tight tank top that didn't cover her flat and smooth stomach. Along with a pair of boxers too, she looked as if she rolled out of bed as she headed for the kitchen, taking out the jar of yogurt.

              "Lizabeta," Anastasia said, her voice low in warning. Everyone quietly stared while Lizabeta took out a spoon from the drawer, scooping a mouthful into her mouth. "And stop eating out the container. If you're going to do that, buy your own jar. Argh, it's too early for this shit."

              "What's the matter, Ana?" she rolled her eyes, hopping onto the counter while grinning madly. In the few times I've seen her around the estate, she seemed to enjoy angering people, getting a reaction out of them. Especially when it came to Anastasia. "Scared of cooties?"

              "That's Anastasia," she corrected, crossing her arms while leaning onto the counter. "And yes, I'm scared where your mouth has been with your taste in men."