Six: Gedeon

Six:

Gedeon

"You married a fucking Genovese?" Nicolai threw my office door open, glaring at me like I had just done the absolute unthinkable. In his mind and everyone else that just learned who I was particularly married to, it probably did. When Timor found out, he didn't hold back when we sparred in the basement. I was still healing from where he socked me in the stomach. "The Italian's princess? Engaged to who's next in line for the throne with Gaggi's heir?"

"I don't see what that pertains to you," I said casually, moving a piece from the chessboard as Timor cursed under his breath. I didn't bother to look up as I continued talking. "I see you already met her."

"A hundo to bet the fact that he's going to stab someone before he leaves this room," Timor mumbled from my side as he made his next move on the chessboard. He lazily nodded to where Nicolai is coming from. "My guess is you or Aleksei, because I'm staying the hell away from that crazy motherfucker."

"A hundo says he'll try going for that vase I took from Page's place after burning his whole bloodline to the ground," I shot back with a side grin. We shook hands as Aleksei closed the distance between us, slamming his hands onto the table in front of me. I moved my final piece with a sly smile. "Checkmate."

"You never fucking let me win," Timor groaned, annoyed as he pushed himself out the seat. He straightened his back and nodded at Nicolai. "Already, let's get this over with. It's been a real pain hiding this from everyone so let's get this over with."

Finally, I looked Nicolai who was fuming at this point. His jaw was clenched so tightly that I was surprised that it didn't break from the sheer pressure. There was no doubt that he probably had a knife tucked in his pocket that he wouldn't mind stabbing me with. Picking up the queen piece, I held it up for him. "It's simple why I brought her here. I need her to win."

"Why didn't you tell me who she was?" he growled in anger, his nose flaring. He stalked forward till he was looming over me. I didn't bat an eye as I continued to hold his gaze. He tugged at his hair roughly and glared at Timor. "You knew about this, Timor? And you just let it slide?"

I rolled my eyes at his question. "If I stated I was going to Mateo in order to get the game started, did that not indicate that I would be taking her in as my wife?"

He slammed his hands hard onto the table. "I assumed you meant blowing his guts out or something else. But to marry a Genovese? After everything they had done to us?"

I got up from my seat and smiled. "That was exactly why I did it. It was the perfect timing. It's all part of my plan which I was planning to tell you after everything settled. Tell me, how is she? Was she everything you thought?"

Before he could say anything, Aleksei came running in, panting heavily. "Sorry I had to put down my laptop before coming here and got caught up with making sure Ana doesn't need me. What I miss? Did Nicolai stab anyone yet?"

Timor scoffed. "Please, like he could. Is Ana okay?"

He scratched at his stubble as he walked up to us, closing the door behind him on the way. "I think she's fine. She wouldn't let me go into the shower room since she was trying to get Dove to strip. Ana sounds fine, but I wasn't too sure."

"From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like Dove actually knows how to fight anyways," Timor observed, taking out a cigar and light it. He took a loud puff and exhaled, even when I glared at him for smoking in the estate. Sometimes, it felt like he did it just to piss me off. "Though, we should all be in guard, since we don't know her or if she's relaying everything to Ma—"