Thirty-Five: Gedeon

Thirty-Five:

Gedeon

My mother said if you love something let it go.

If it comes back to you then it's clearly yours.

Right now, as I watched Dove fast asleep with the comforters pulled over her, I realized I was a selfish bastard. There wasn't a chance I was letting her go. I didn't care if she were to win, I truly don't think I can let her go.

My fingers brushed onto the scar on her shoulder before trailing onto the bracelets around her wrists.

She was mesmerizing.

I bent down, laying a kiss on her temples. "I'll be back soon, Precious."

I was going to finish what the Italians started. Kill Mateo, kill Robert.

Take the motherfucking throne.

It was only five in the morning, yet the soft knock on my door told me everyone was ready to end this. After ten years of maliciously planning, there wasn't room for any fuck ups. We had to strike when they least expect it with the only small amount of tips we were going from too.

Looking at her one more time, I exited the bedroom to see Timor, Aleksei, Nicolai, and Lizabeta. All were dressed and ready. Locking the door even though it was only going to be Anastasia and a couple of guarded men outside of the condo, I nodded at them. "Ready?"

"Yeah," I murmured. "You got the coordinates?"

Nicolai nodded while we made our way down the penthouse to the awaiting car. Robert was smart, choosing to pick what was believed to be an abandoned house upstate. Getting into the black Range Rover, Nicolai turned to us with narrowed eyes. "Once we slit Gaggi's damn throat, what the hell is going to happen? We just murder everyone?"

Lizabeta snorted, crossing her legs while opening the window when Timor took out his cigar. "I don't think we should let Gaggi off so easily by letting him have an almost painless death, don't you think?"

"I'm with her on that one," Aleksei agreed. "Not after what he did."

"The most ideal would be able to capture him and Mateo. Make all the Italians witness me killing their leader while they're in a frenzy now that Galileo Romano mysteriously passed away. Then they would have no choice but to accept me as their leader."

"You'll take them in?" Timor asked, stunned.

"Only the innocent who had done nothing to our families," I reckoned. "To have the Italians serve me. Those who oppose get a bullet in their heads. Better yet, I'll let Dove decide. They are her people. Anyone oppose?"

"As if we would," Timor laughed. "You're scary when it comes to Dove and we respect you too much to go against you. Like you said, so long those who wronged our families are taken care of, I don't give a damn what you want to do with the rest."

Everyone nodded in agreement.

The drive there was quiet, all of us on the edge. We said our prayers, and we can only hope everything was going to go well. The lifestyle we were either born into or chose to stay in was hard, especially in moments like this.

Yet the feeling when we won was something else.

Now that I had Dove, my wife, there was no way in hell I would die just yet. Our car pulled into the abandoned house, and we quickly assessed the area. No houses or any signs of life for miles. Our group of men also stepped out of their cars, a total of over a hundred men.