Sixteen: Gedeon

Sixteen:

Gedeon

I watched Dove popping a Kartoshka into her mouth before one of her hand's rested on her cheeks, her eyes closing. For a bit, I had forgotten about everything else, bewitched by her expression. Her face was a window to her soul from the moment I had arrived with her. She was alarmed and nervous about everyone; choosing to hide from everyone by trying to hide behind me. This was the first time besides the occasion when Anastasia or Aleksei bumped into her that she seemed to relax. Sofia laughed next to her before placing more sweets onto her plate amongst others.

This was the first time I saw her laugh since she's gotten here with Vlad. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen her laugh at any planned gatherings. Though then again, I don't think the Roman family, especially Vlad's wife, liked seeing his mistress around all that much.

It wasn't my place to say anything with their family business, so long as no one brings it up that it's causing a major issue. Half the time, I had expected one of their family members to finally throw Vlad under the bus after everything he's done. Lied, cheat, and steal before gambling everything away. It wasn't a secret there were rumors he had abused Sofia either, but there wasn't any solid proof since he was always by her side.

I guess he's more relaxed this year with letting her lose.

"Gedeon, are you listening?" Father said, his forehead puckered.

"Yes," I replied instantly, though it was further than the truth. Something was clearly wrong with me and my cock. I just need to find someone to fuck hard and rough with abandonment and then it'll be back to normal business. My eyes darted back to him before he caught on, though no one seemed to be able to tell anyways from my usual demeanor.

"I've always firmly believed and told you that you should marry out of love, not out of pure alliance," he reiterated, knowing fully well I probably wasn't listening. His hair had greyed a lot since I had last seen him, his age catching up with him after seeming to have lost everything the day Mother died in the house fire with the only survivor being me. His eyes were hollow and empty and him telling me to marry out of love was like a slap in my face.

"Yes, I've remembered me saying afterward that I won't do that. You know firsthand the ending of that one and I'll be damned to do that."

He flinched slightly at my lashed words. "What happened with your Mother was my fault. I promised her that you'll marry someone you love, not out of an alliance. I've said this multiple times, I don't care how much of an alliance this is, it shouldn't out weight what she thought is best for you,"

"We're not having this conversation here," I seethed. I didn't need a reminder of the past, something I couldn't fix. What I can focus now is making sure everyone in the Italian family and slaughtering them all. I didn't care who, so long as they were in their blood, they were dead.

And Dove will be the last one.

"Gedeon, you need to let go of your plan of vengeance, live the way you want too," he said, his eyes pained. He runs his hands through his hair, tugging at the ends. His once powerful and demanding aura was there, but I could see through him. Inside, he was miserable much like me. He chose to wallow in the past, I chose to take hold of the future.

"And I want all the Italians dead," I retaliated. "Have you forgotten what they've done?"

"I'm reminded every day," he whispered, his eyes going hazy as he looked away from me. My eyes were inherited from Mother. It was the reason why he chose to step down and live in a secluded area away. "But this isn't something you should shoulder."