Thirty-Two: Gedeon

Thirty-Two:

Gedeon

Thirty Italians and four of my men died in the invasion two days ago in their effort to seize and kill everyone in the estate and then capture Dove.

Amid it all, I was glad Dove didn't get to know anything besides the alliance being called off. She was still ignorant of Robert wanting her back and for the gang warfare to end simply if she were to return.

And it was going to stay that way.

Besides watching over Dove like a hawk the past two days for any sign of distress or shock, I've been locking myself up in the office to make sure everything was set and arranged. The Italians weren't going to have the upper hand like when they set an unanticipated assault on the estate. Seeing her on the floor like that...I've never felt true fear like that. I never felt vulnerability the way I felt with her since my mother.

Finishing up the last of my emails to the other families in preparation for war, for revenge that we've all been looking to this day for, there was a knock on the door. Craning my neck up, I realized it was already ten at night. The dinner consisting of chicken rosemary and a side of expresso brownie as dessert made by Dove sat on the counter where she had last left it when she came to check up on me and my wound.

And when I countered by asking how she was, she pouted like a brat and said her answer of "I'm fine" won't change just because I asked for the fifth time that day. I almost bent her over the table and spanked that little attitude out of her before she retreated.

"Come in," I called out.

Timor swung the door open and then looked around. When he saw no one beside me, he shut the door lightly before locking it. Immediately, I stiffened. When Timor usually wanted privacy, it was something big. He crossed the room and then sighed, raking his hair. Shutting my laptop, I frowned. "What happened?"

"We have a house call from Robert Gaggi right now. I tried chasing it before, but it's untraceable. He wants to speak to Dove," he grimaced. My eyes snapped to his, every fiber in my being tensed harshly at the thought of him which cause Timor's attention. "And obviously, I told him to suck a dick."

"Good," I spoke through gritted teeth. I had long made up my mind. She's mine till I say so.

And from the looks of it, it's not in this lifetime.

"Anyways, I have him on hold," Timor nodded at the phone on my table. "I didn't know if you were busy and I know you're not going to give up Dove anyways. You still want to talk to him?"

"My answer still isn't going to change," I said, stoic. "No one is going to make me give up Dove. Over my fucking dead body."

I would kill anyone who dares to take her from me. The possessiveness to own her wasn't like anything I've experienced before. I had assumed if I made her come, it'll get tired of here sooner or later. But seeing herself trust me to let go, her face in pure ecstasy, I craved more. I craved her like a middle schooler pining over his first crush. If I could close my eyes, I can hear my Mother's teasing voice, how someone so small like me be so possessive and protective over my first crush who was five years younger than I was.

"As I said, you have everyone's support in the estate, especially Aleksei and Anastasia. I mean, I'm on board too," he said as he took a seat. Crossing his legs one over to another, he gave a half shrug. "Although Nicolai and Lizabeta won't say it, they want whatever makes you happy. Plus, we're all coming around to accepting her. She contrasts you, and it's refreshing to see you riled up over someone."