Eight: Gedeon

Eight:

Gedeon

"Any news yet in regards from Mateo or Gaggi's family?" Timor asked casually, tapping the pawn piece lightly on the side of the table to annoy me. He continued to do so, even smiling when I narrowed my eyes.

"I'm going to break your damn finger if you keep that up," I lowly mumbled as I made my next move. He immediately stopped as I exhaled. "Last I heard, Robert isn't back from his trip till somewhere next week. Until then, I'm assuming the pussy wants to not inform Gaggi's family."

Crossing his legs, he stared out the window. "What's the next plan then, King?"

"Hang around and see what my enemies would do in the meantime," I answered casually. "Lizabeta should be back soon from her mission soon. Besides a few meetings here and there this week, everything is going well. We have a shipment from Columbia soon and an event with the other families."

"What about your bird?"

I cocked my eyebrows upwards. "What about her?"

He sighed, leaning back into the chair and finally turning his attention from whatever caught his attention outside the window back to me. "You're just going to actually keep your little bird around living here freely without working?"

"She's been more than corporative with the rules I had placed for two days now without any issues," I frowned. There wasn't much needed to do in the estate that wasn't taken care of already. I loosened my tie, watching Timor shrug. "What do you want me to do with her in particular?"

"I don't know, put her to work. Everyone in this estate has something to do and all you're doing is avoiding her and letting Aleksei babysit her. She's your wife," he threw in the last part like it made him sick to say it.

"And?" I rebutted while making my next move, causing him to curse.

"Have you bedded her?"

I snorted at his question, shaking my head. Though her body I saw yesterday showed her beauty, I would much be fucking someone else in my bedroom than her. I needed her for my plan, nothing more and nothing less than just that. "I'm not interested in fucking an Italian."

"Even if she's your wife?"

"Legally my wife for the purpose of my plan," I reminded him. Smacking his Queen piece away with my Knight I knew I was only a few moves away from winning.

"So, you have no interest in fucking her?" he pushed forward, his lips pressing upwards like he knew a secret I didn't. "I find that quite hard to believe. You don't even find her to be remotely attractive?"

Leaning into my seat, my nose flared at the uncharted territory he was taking this. If he thought that he could fuck my wife, he had another thing coming. It was just downright asking for it. "What does my bedroom life pertain to you again? What is your sudden interest in it?"

"We're curious is all."

"We're being..." I trailed off with a growl.

"Mainly Anastasia and Nicolai with your love life centering around your wife," he said casually as he leaned back into the chair, placing his hands behind his head after making his move.

"Nonexistent," I answered, deadpanned. I didn't have time for anything and when I did have time to fuck, I had more than enough women to satisfy me. "Trust me, I'm not looking to a woman hold me by the balls and some fucker using her to hold me by it. Not interested in anything besides what I was born to do, get revenge and she's nothing but another piece in my chessboard."