2.

AZALEA

My jaw dropped after listening what he said. I couldn't believe my own father would treat me this way.

Ever since my mom passed away, leaving me all by myself, I'm empty. I feel like I lost my way on which I was walking. And I believe my father had something to do with my mom's death.

It was when we both decided to run away from him. I was just eight that time. We managed to escape but were caught just few meters away from our house. That night, I couldn't sleep because of the screams which were of my mother's pain, my dad's grudges that he took out on her.

The very next day, I come to know my mom is no more. This news broke million pieces inside of me but there wasn't even a line of sadness on his face. She was being buried six feet inside the earth while I kept screaming for her to wake up, thinking she'll wake up and wrap me in her arms but that never happened.

I just sat there with emptiness in my world. Ever since she was gone, I had just one support, my God. Tears rolled down when I recalled everything. Where have I come?

I noticed those two men, eyeing my body, revealed to them, with no shame. There dirty stares made feel so uneasy and uncomfortable. With that look, It seemed as if they are already undressing me in their imagination. Every time there was any move made my car,their dirty stares would go right towards my body. I tried hiding myself by shifting a little but my hands being tied, I couldn't do anything but ignore them.

After a minute or two, the car stopped in front of a gate. It was a grand entrance, black in colour and tall walls surrounding whatever was inside. It seemed like protecting the inside world from everything that was outside it.

He uncuffed me from the handcuffs and spoke,“ This is the back door of this Mansion. This is where all maids, servants and helpers live. Go and find your way." He hurriedly handed me my luggage, nearly throwing me out of the car and drove off.

I stood in front of the huge entrance. I wonder if the backdoor is so huge how does the front entrance look like. This property looks like it's endless; spreading as far as my sight can go. It's on outskirts of the main city and hence not disturbed by any one. This is what makes it more scary and unpredictable.

I dragged my luggage in. Not so far from the entrance, I saw few residences . Nothing special about them. It was just a building but it for sure looked better than the one I lived in.

Walking in a little, I saw few ladies rushing here and there in a red uniform  with different tasks  in their hands. Some were holding undone laundry while some were holding a bucket of the clean ones. All of them seem in a rush.

I made my way inside and continued looking around for help. I can't even figure out what I'll say while asking for help. I saw a lady who looked in her 30s standing in front of the building, glancing over at her nails with a piece of paper in her hand. It seemed as if she was directing workers to their work. Maybe she can help me too.

I quickly approached her and asked her with a soft voice to sound more formal,

“ Can you please help me."

My voice distracted her and she glanced at me, her cold eyes running up and down, scanning me weirdly. Then she spoke in a cold yet feminine tone, “ What you want?" 

“Can you tell me where I have to go? I am new here." I replied, my last few words carrying the weight of my distress.

She seemed astonished by my words as her huge eye balls were completely visible as if I told her something unbelievable.She eyed me, top to bottom, once again and spoke,