[ 18 ]

" why did I run out like that? I looked ridiculous," seungmin brought himself down as time went on

" why did I run out like that? I looked ridiculous," seungmin brought himself down as time went on. after he left the room, he felt like walking around would help clear his mind so here he was at a park that was often filled with children but not at this late hour.

seungmin sat down at the scraped, mint green bench that faced the playground. he recalled the countless times he'd come here at this hour accompanied by hyunjin. he would often make fun of the other for agreeing to come out with him at those crazy hours but now he knew why he did.

" I wanted him to like me. I want him to like me, but why am I acting so stupid right now,". seungmin wished he had someone to guide him right now, but all he had was the never ending silence by his side.

he thought he went insane when he heard a sudden meow next to his ear. he looked to his right and jumped when he was met with a white cat with blue eyes.

" well aren't you pretty," seungmin mumbled as he softly planted his hand on the cat's head. the cat purred at the sudden impact. seungmin's eyes followed it as it circulated itself around him.

he giggled as it's tail tickled his nose.

" lino? lino! come here boy," someone whistled. seungmin stood up, and grabbed the nearest stick he could grab as self defense.

suddenly the person came into view from behind the bush. " oh? hi seungmin,", they smiled brightly at him.

seungmin slowly moved his arm down and dropped the stick. " jiwoo? hi, how are you?," he smiled his best at them.

" I'm good, but actually, did you happen to see a white cat around here? he escaped from my house and now my mom's making me look for him," they huffed, frustrated about the fact that they have to be out at this time.

seungmin looked behind him and pointed. " that cat?,". jiwoo tilted sideways and their cheeks rose once the cat came into view. " lino! I told you not to do that!!," jiwoo whispered- yelled. seungmin chuckled as he watched them pick the cat up and into their arms.

" lino? I like that name, it reminds me of my hyung, minho or well lee know. he likes being mysterious so we call him that sometimes,". jiwoo tried their best to contain their laughter. " that's cute,".

seungmin nodded and moved to sit back at the bench. this time, jiwoo sat next to him. " hey, what are you doing here all alone? it's dangerous, you know,".

" yeah, I usually come here with someone, but today it didn't work out,". jiwoo carefully examined seungmin's face. they knew something was bothering him. " who? hyunjin?"

seungmin's breathing became uneasy with the mention of his name. he felt so bad about earlier. jiwoo watched him without saying anything. " do you want to talk about what's wrong, or would you rather me keep you company? I don't mind," they offered.

seungmin felt those words like a warm hug. it's like the universe heard him. " you have the mental space to hear about my problems? I don't want to ask for advice if you aren't in the state to give it,".

jiwoo grinned. " hey, I offered! but it's sweet you asked. I do, now get talking," . they turned to face seungmin and placed lino carefully on their lap.

" alright to put it simple. do you remember that boy- actually wait, you do. hyunjin. well he basically confessed his feelings to me in front of all our friends and I ran out. I just left him to deal with his feelings alone and I feel awful,".

jiwoo listened to every word seungmin said, not missing a single detail. they felt sad as they recalled a similar situation that they experienced.

" do you like him back?". seungmin didn't need to think about it anymore. " yes, I do. my heart aches everytime I think about him,". jiwoo smiled weakly because of his words.

" then what's the problem? were you scared to tell him or are you scared of the commitment?,". seungmin thought for a moment. " I guess, in a way, it's the latter. I've never been in this situation, let alone a full relationship,". jiwoo nodded. they understood how he felt.

" you want to know something? this happened to me before. I never looked back. I never went back to tell her that I loved her too and because of that, I lost her,". seungmin felt tears well up at the thought of his friend feeling the same way he is. it sucks.

" seungmin, don't be like me. I'm still young. I can find someone else, or even find her. but you? it's all in your favor, go for it! I'll root for you all the way," jiwoo said as they lifted both hands up. " hwaiting!".

seungmin laughed, a genuine one. it felt nice to hear from someone who related to him. " you think I should? what if he hates me now,". jiwoo looked at him like he was crazy.

" him? hate you? I swear the first time I saw you two I thought you were married. I don't think he's capable of feeling hateful towards you,". seungmin nodded but still felt unsure.

they sat in comfortable silence for a while. jiwoo stared at the night sky, taking in the beautiful scenery. the stars came together, creating a beautiful pattern.

jiwoo looked down and noticed the bag that hung from seungmin's hand. a camera came into view.

" seungmin! you take pictures?,". seungmin followed their gaze and smiled fondly.

" yes I do! I actually brought it to take photos but never got to it,". he dropped his bag on the ground and pulled the camera out. he faced them and placed the camera at an angle. he adjusted the view so that jiwoo and lino were in sight and snapped a photo.

jiwoo bounced happily in their position. " oo, let me see," they leaned closer and looked at the screen. the photo was breathtaking. seungmin had figured out a clever way to blend the background in perfectly and it amazed jiwoo.

" wow, you're amazing,". seungmin felt pride strike him. he could always count photography to make him feel better.

" thank you! would you like to see more?". jiwoo nodded rapidly. seungmin giggled and moved closer, showing his screen more clear for them to see. as he went through the photos on his card, he came to a realization.

" wow, you love to take photos of hyunjin, huh?", jiwoo said as seungmin started to scroll past faster. the more he scrolled the more photos there were of hyunjin.

" I never realized that until now,". seungmin never notice. he'd simply take the photos without thinking. " I don't want to sound cheesy but isn't there a saying that people often photograph the things they're most scared to lose?". seungmin couldn't believe what they were saying. they were right.

" I can't lose him. I can't,". jiwoo placed lino on the ground and stood up. they clapped with joy after hearing his words.

" now we're talking! how do you plan on telling him?". seungmin took a moment to think. he needed it to be good if he wanted to win hyunjin back.

he focused more on the camera he held in his hands. camera. the item you use to save memories. seungmin's face lit up after he came up with the perfect idea.

" I got it! but I'm gonna need your help,". jiwoo nodded and took out their phone.

-

I'm making up for the time lost omg - a.n