[ 11 ]

felix waved his hand rapidly in front of seungmin's face

felix waved his hand rapidly in front of seungmin's face. they were back at it again, in class trying their best to pay attention but felix noticed the way seungmin would space out every few minutes.

so unlike him.

" hey min, you've been zoning out a lot, is everything alright?," felix asked in a concerning tone, worried over his friend's behavior these days.

hyunjin couldn't help but overhear the other's voice as they sat quietly next to one another.

he decided to chim in. " yeah, yongbok's right. you've been really quiet these days. did someone do something? tell me right now and I'll go find them," hyunjin said, his voice getting higher with each word.

seungmin sat up more properly as he waved his hands around. he twirled his pen between each finger, and stared at the paper in front of him.

his eyes scanned what he's written so far and that being his name along the line placed at the top left of it. it took him a moment to process the words that were engraved on the sheet.

Name: Hwang Seungmin

his eyes widened. he quickly crumpled up the piece of paper and hide it under his notebook.

the other two were surprised to see him do it so suddenly. " yah! that's our assignment for the week seungmin, seriously are you alright?," felix whisper yelled his words towards the other.

seungmin felt his vision fog up. " I- yes, I'm fine! it's just— I've gotten a lot of work assigned this week and my mind has been everywhere but I'm fine! I promise," seungmin said as best he could as his hide his face in his hands, frustrated with himself.

how could he let himself be so careless? he's been slacking in everything from school, to sports and now his relationships? he didn't understand how this could all be happening and why so fast?

hyunjin started to feel extremely concerned but he didn't want to make that obvious to seungmin just in case it made him feel anxious.

he knew seungmin better than anyone else and as of right now, he knew something had to have occurred for the younger to be acting so vicious at that moment.

he looked over seungmin's shoulder towards felix and made a gesture with his hand, waving it over his neck to signal something along the lines of " cut it out". felix immediately understood and sent him a thumbs up.

the boys then went back to listening to their professor as best they could but not without hyunjin feeling the need to throw a glance towards seungmin every chance he got.

seungmin decided that it was best just to ignore the burning sensations he would feel every other minute. he wasn't in the right state of mind to assume anything.

-

an alarm went off, the end of class nearing for the trio.

" alright, that's it for today! pack your things and scurry out of here," mr. song's voice echoed across the classroom.