[ 19 ]

" it hurts, it really does,"

after hyunjin ran out, felix thought it was best if he followed him out. once he reached the boy, he took him back to their dorm. at least he was safe there.

" I know it does, jinnie. it's going to hurt for a while but it'll end soon, I promise," felix whispered back to him as he rocked him back and forth in his arms. hyunjin sniffled as he tried his best to contain his tears.

he lifted his head up from felix's chest and looked at him dead in the eye. " why doesn't he want me? can you tell me? I can change! I just want him to love me back,". felix's heart broke with each word the boy said to him. he didn't realize just how bad this situation was on hyunjin.

felix eyes softened. " hyunjin, you should never change in order for someone to like you. there's no point in that if you aren't happy with yourself,". hyunjin pouted and threw himself back onto felix's chest. felix ran his fingers threw his hair locks in comforting way.

" seungmin would hate to see you change for anyone, especially for him. clearly you both need to speak about this in your own time, alone," felix broke down for hyunjin to understand. the other felt his stomach drop at the sudden thought of facing seungmin again.

he wasn't ready to see him. his heart can't handle it.

" I didn't plan on confessing to him tonight. that wasn't my plan at all. now I've messed everything up,". hyunjin felt devastated. he felt like seungmin was finally warming up to him, but now? that's all gone.

felix patted his stomach. " you didn't mess anything up. who's to say that wouldn't have happened later on? it's a matter of how's he's feeling inside. maybe he hasn't come to terms with certain things yet,". hyunjin bit his bottom lip as he dozed off.

everything felt like it was falling apart and hyunjin hated not being able to stop it from happening. he's lost his feeling of security in himself.

hyunjin suddenly started to chuckled. it scared felix. " you think the rest see us as insane now? we can't even love correctly,". felix sighed as he stared at the wall in front of his bed. " the rest? nah, they're probably used to random drama like this. our friend group can be insane sometimes,".

hyunjin laughed as he remembered the dumb hardships they've faced since high school. people find it hard to believe that they've all stuck together all these years but it's possible.

" you remember when jisung almost broke up with minho because he ate his cheesecake? they didn't talk to each other for two weeks,". hyunjin couldn't help but cackle at that memory. why were they like this?

" that was pretty stupid, but after that they became inseparable. maybe it's just your turn, hyunjin," felix finished saying. hyunjin furrowed his eyebrows.
"wait, what?"

felix smiled softly at him. " every relationship faces a hard time that shapes them for the better. maybe this is your hard time," he explained. hyunjin seemed to agree as he fell silent.