[ 5 ]

hyunjin threw the book rather aggressively onto a nearby desk

hyunjin threw the book rather aggressively onto a nearby desk. the loud impact had woken seungmin up instantly.

" what the hell was that?," he quickly said as he started to rub his eyes and aching head.

" your book," hyunjin simply replied before putting his shoes back on.

seungmin watched as hyunjin started to pack up and couldn't understand how his mood dramatically changed. it scared him to see the other angry but on some part it was kind of attractive.

that's not the point.

" hey why are y-,"

" I'm going to the library. it's getting late and we haven't started any work yet. hurry up and get dressed," seungmin immediately got up after his words, racing to get everything he needed.

as he started to slip on his vans, hyunjin opened the door, heading out first without looking back.

seungmin really started to hate this version of hyunjin by every second that passed by.

seungmin scowled. " hm, what crawled up his ass?," he shook his thoughts away as he got his backpack and headed out the door.

" hurry up, seungmin,". hearing that from hyunjin had caused seungmin to feel some kind of way. the older rarely uses his full name so the fact that he just did made him feel slightly uncomfortable.

even then, he continued on his way, jogging slightly to catch up with the other.

-

jeongin and chan had been walking comfortably in silence back to their dorms after spending some time with the other guys.

jeongin was happily munching on some gushers that chan had given to him at the beginning of their walk.

" give me one," jeongin pouted but did as he was told. chan rejected the one handed to him.

" I hate the green ones, give me a blue," jeongin snatched the baggy away, and waved his index finger from left to right.

" those are the best ones, I'm saving them for last," he said as he looked through the baggy.

he pulled out his hand once again and placed it in chan's.

" here, a red one. no one can go wrong with a red one," chan rolled his eyes but didn't complain after that. he took it and popped it into his mouth, softly clapping his hands together.

jeongin smiled before facing forward once again.

he squinted his eyes as he saw two familiar figures pacing themselves a few feet away from them.

" hey, isn't that seungmin and hyunjin hyung?," chan looked into the direction at which jeongin had been pointing out before nodding in agreement.

as they looked at the two in front of them, they noticed how hyunjin walked rather quickly while seungmin desperately tried his best keeping up.

" is hyunjin alright? he rarely walks that fast," chan mentioned as their gaze followed their steps.

" I don't know but poor seungmin hyung can't keep up," jeongin chipped in, continuing to eat his snack.

" I wonder what happened to them,."

" maybe they're just late," jeongin shrugged and the pair went on their way.

-

the bells chimed as they arrived, seungmin smiling widely at the small, elderly woman at the library counter.

" hello grandmother, how are you today?," he asked politely as hyunjin walked past them without saying a word.

the woman waved her a hand at him, " hello sweetie, have you come to read again?," she asked him after recognizing him instantly.

" I wish grandmother, but I've come to do work this time around,".

she nodded as she glanced at hyunjin.

" have you decided to bring your boyfriend along, honey?," . seungmin choked once he processed what she had asked him.

" grandmother," he whined as he hid his reddening face in his hands.

" am I wrong? I swore he was your boyfriend," the librarian, Mrs. Song wondered.

" why would you think that?," seungmin questioned back.

" well, everytime you come in here, he follows a few minutes after. he would often sit a few tables away from you," she began, signaling towards a table a few feet ahead.

the younger stood there, confused. how come he never noticed him? for sure he'd see a long haired boy by now.

Mrs. Song continued speaking, " that boy never studied! he sat there for hours, just staring at you! I don't know how he never got tired of it!! no offense sweetie," she patted his hands.

seungmin tried his best to grin back at her, but his mind was full of confusion. maybe hyunjin liked him a lot more than he thought? who on earth would make that much effort to just sit in one position, doing nothing?

seungmin was convinced that hyunjin was crazy.

a beeping was heard a few feet away from them as Mrs. Song looked down at her watch.

" well, I have to get going honey! Got to get some rest for my poor back, and hey," seungmin looked into her eyes. " give the boy a chance, he seems like a sweetheart if I've ever seen one," she sent him a warm smile before grabbing her belongings.

seungmin took that as a sign to get going. he readjusted his backpack before heading over to where hyunjin was located.

the dark headed boy sat quietly, with headphones placed into his ears. seungmin didn't want to disrupted him as he seemed to be in deep thought with his textbook opened.

and so, he started to unpack what he needed, his notebook, pencils and a textbook.

he fixed himself a bit before beginning his work.

they spent some time in silence. after a while, seungmin could see in the corner of his eyes, hyunjin pulling something out of his bag.

soon enough a piece of watermelon gum was placed onto his textbook.

" I um," hyunjin began, " I stopped by the gas station to get these for you. I know how you study better with it anyway," he finished as he looked around the library.

seungmin blushed.

" thank you jinnie," he whispered as he propped it into his mouth. a small smile could be seen growing on hyunjin's face.

he didn't reply, just simply went back to reading his textbook.