[ 22 ]

hyunjin looked around for a bit

hyunjin looked around for a bit. he messaged seungmin not too long ago and he said to wait for him, so here he was. he walked towards the windows of his old classroom. hyunjin looked in carefully, making sure no one was there.

suddenly, he felt a light tap on his shoulder. hyunjin jumped and moved back. seungmin smiled shyly at him. " looking at the old class?". hyunjin nodded and faced the class once again. " I miss it here. everything seemed so simple,".

hyunjin hummed as seungmin spoke. they did make some of the best memories there, that's for sure.

the awkwardness that flew around the air was getting stronger and seungmin felt like he was suffocating. he was having trouble speaking to hyunjin for the first time in his life.

the other suddenly spun around. " why did you want to talk here out of all places?". seungmin scratched his neck and avoided eye contact. " I just thought this would be most convenient,". his answer didn't necessarily answer hyunjin's question.

" most convenient?" hyunjin suddenly felt angry at the other. " what the hell is that supposed to mean? look seungmin, if you brought me here just to reject me, you could've just went to my room," he spilled, upset by the whole situation. seungmin wanted to blur out the actual answer right then and there, but all the work he and the others put in would be useless.

seeing as seungmin wasn't responding, hyunjin turned around, ready to march away. seungmin reacted quick, grabbing the other's arm, preventing him to go any further.

" wait, please don't go," he pleaded, staring deeply into hyunjin's eyes. hyunjin looked at him then down at the hand that grasped his wrist. he yanked it out and held it instead.

" sounds familiar, doesn't it?" hyunjin commented as he glared at the other. seungmin was confused by his words before he realized what he meant. the sounds of hyunjin's pleads for him to stay that night came swarming into his brain again.

seungmin could feel tears forming in his eyelids once again. he didn't know this would be so overwhelming. jiwoo hadn't warn him of this. of possible rejection.

" hyunjin, I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you that night, I just couldn't think straight,". hyunjin rolled his eyes and faced a tall tree that stood a few feet away from them. he focused on the heart that was carved into it with the initials " KS + HH " written inside.

"  of course you weren't thinking straight. you ran out, seungmin. you left me behind," hyunjin replied, feeling all those feelings he once felt, all over again. seungmin wished he could turn back time, but it's too late now. they could only move forward.

" hyunjin, can I show you something instead? maybe it can help you understand more,". hyunjin sighed but didn't protest in return. seungmin smiled and offered his hand in return. hyunjin hesitated at first but soon enough placed his on top. the warm of the touch felt like electricity, but the good kind.