[ 8 ]

the bells could be heard ringing as the couple stepped into the Café, it's air filled with the smell of chocolate and coffee beans

while the smell of beverages filled the noses of the boys, barking and meowing filled their ears up just as much.

seungmin began to hit hyunjin's shoulder various times to catch his attention. he pointed towards the crowd of puppies in the far corner.

" look hyung, they're so adorable oh my god," seungmin eyes became big, sparkling as the chandeliers reflected across his irises.

hyunjin chuckled as he listened. he took a hold of seungmin's hand to stop him from hitting him even harder.

" min, thats enough," he said as he smiled fondly at the other. seungmin threw him an apologetic expression back.

" the puppies look just like you," he proceeded to say as he stared at a small golden retriever within the crowd of other puppies.

seungmin's cheeks flashed a rosy pink pigment.

" they do not," he puffed out his chest to make him seem much buffer as opposed to the soft, cute vibes he usually radiates.

hyunjin nodded his head although he disagrees mentally.

" sure, minnie, whatever you say," he replied. he continued to observe the cafe carefully, taking in the bright colors and images that hung on the walls.

little paw prints from various animals grazed the walls, going up and down as you walked through.

the cafe was absolutely adorable.

" why don't we go order first, then play with the animals," hyunjin once again suggested, pulling slightly on the sleeve of the younger.

seungmin adverted his attention to hyunjin and nodded in agreement.

and so they walked up to the counter and smiled politely at the cashier.

they were about to speak up when the cashier spoke first.

" hello! welcome to animal kingdom, I'm your cashier, jiwoo," they voiced as they prepared the screening to record the upcoming orders.

seungmin loved to socialize, especially when the person came off as rather polite.

" hello! it's our first time here, do you happen to have any recommendations?," seungmin bounced on the heels of his shoes, hoping to hear about something delicious.

jiwoo nodded and turned to view the board behind them.

" well, our most popular orders are the caramel frap with a side of cranberry cheesecake, and the oreo mix that comes with mochi," they easily spoke, turning back to the boys,

" what do you think, hyunjin?," seungmin asked.

" well she said-,"

the cashier quickly interrupted. " I'm sorry, I don't mean to seem rude but I happen to be non-binary," they said quietly as if fearing that the couple would lash at them like previous customers.