Before I Go

Cute coworker really out here CONFUSING THE SHIT OUT OF ME!!!!!! 

March 2018

Leila's POV:

The national team got back from Cyprus after winning the Cyprus Cup. 

I knew Virginia was staying with Alexia for a little before going back to France. So I headed to Alexia's.

"Leila!" Mapi smiled when I pulled up. I walked right by her. "Um. Leila?"

"Where is she?"

"Who?"

"Vir."

"Out back." She followed me. "Leila calm down." I threw my keys and phone to the side. 

"You wanna tell me something." I stood in front of Virginia.

"No?" She looked at Alexia. "What's going on Leila?"

"Don't fuck with me!" I grabbed her.

"Ok!" Alexia got up. "Leila let's talk this out."

"Shit." I heard Mapi. 

"There's nothing to talk about. You crossed the line!"

"What did I do!"

"Yeah not Leila." Mapi said. "Um."

"You tell me!"

"I don't know!"

"DID YOU SLEEP WITH HER!" I yelled.

"She's kind of trying to fight Virginia." Mapi said.

I punched her. 

"What the fuck!" Virginia grabbed her mouth

"Did you sleep with her!"

"With who!" She wiped the blood off her lip.

"Tatiana?"

"Tatiana? No!" Virginia spit blood out. "I didn't sleep with her. And I don't want to." She scoffed. 

"Then why are you two all friendly?"

"Because we're friends? Jesus Leila, get it together. She can't date, she can't have other friends, but you can? Come on." I crossed my arms. Virginia sighed. "I called her when you two weren't talking. To figure out why. You were really upset but not talking about it, I wanted to see if I could help. She sounded pretty down when we talked. I felt bad and wanted to make sure she was ok, so I flew to Miami to check on her. We hung out a little and became pretty good friends, but that's it." She put her hands up. "Leila, I'd never do that. I know how much you," She stopped. "I know how good of a friend she is to you."

"Yeah, I think the fight is over." Mapi said. 

"Give me my phone." I took it from her and walked away. "Tati?"

"Leila, what's going on? Why are you fighting Virginia?" 

"Because I'm an idiot." 

"Leila." She sighed. 

"Why didn't you tell me you two were friends?"

"I didn't know I had to inform you of all my friends." She said. "Leila, are we going backward? Me having a girlfriend was an issue, now me having friends?"

"It's not an issue."

"Then what's your problem? Talk to me. We're friends. You're supposed to be able to talk to me."

I looked at Virginia. Alexia got her a towel. "I need to talk to Virginia. I kind of punched her. I'll call you when I get home. I promise." I said.

"If I don't answer it's cause I'm filming the interview for The Tonight Show. So if I miss it, don't panic I'll call you as soon as I'm done. Ok?"

I nodded. "Ok."

"Talk to you later."

"Bye." I said and hung up. Virginia walked over to me. "How's your face?"

"Fine." She glared at me. "Why can't you just be honest. At least with me. Look, do I think Tatiana is insanely beautiful? She is. Leila, she's amazing." I smiled. "But the whole time I was in Miami, which was for like 2 days, all she did was talk about you." She said. "That's all we did. I saw her, asked how she was, and then she immediately asked if you were ok. That girl is in love with you, Leila. Why can't you see it?"

"I do see it, Vir." I said. "I see it when I'm with her, I hear it in her voice. The way she says my name is different from the way everyone else does. She says my name and I get all warm inside. I see that she's in love with me, but I love Mariona."

"But not the way you love Tatiana."

I shook my head. "I can't hurt Mariona though." I said. "I don't want to hurt either of them."

"Lying to them will hurt them more than telling the truth." She said. 

Tatiana's POV:

"Thank you, Tatiana, for coming on."

"Thanks for having me." 

The Woods is in theaters everywhere April 27th. We'll be back with more Tonight Show after this." 

I finished the interview and grabbed my phone.

Missed Call

Leila

Once I got back to my hotel room, I called her back. "Did you panic?" 

"No."

"Leila." I said walking outside.

"Maybe a little." I laughed. "Are you alone?" 

"Yeah just got to my hotel room." I said. "What's going on?"

"I know, Tatiana." She said.

"Know what?"

"I know that Virginia called you to try and fix our friendship. I know that she was worried about you and flew out there. I know that the whole time she was there, you talked about me. I know that you talk about me a lot. I know, Tatiana." 

"Remember when I said I'd rather, but then I stopped?"

"Yeah."

"I was going to say that I'd rather have you in my life than not at all. I hated fighting with you. I hated coming close to losing you. Meeting you changed my life, Leila. I was trapped in a never ending cycle. And it was killing me. But you snapped me out of it. I'd rather have you in my life as a friend than not have  you at all. Even if I have to watch you love someone else."

"Mariona." She whispered.

Leila's POV:

"She seems great, Leila. She's really amazing." She said. "And if we're being honest here, you know those things. I know some things too.Like Virginia told you stuff, Mapi told me stuff too. Like how the whole time we weren't talking, you were miserable. So miserable that not even the woman you claim to love right now put a smile on your face. She made you happy, but not like I did. Not like I still do." She said. 

"You love me." I said. 

"Of course I love you, Leila. You're probably my best friend."

"That's not what I meant." I said. "You LOVE me, Tati." I said. I heard someone by the door. 

"Leila?"

It's Mariona. 

"I can't talk much longer. Please. I need to hear you say it."

"Leila are you home?"

"Please, Tatiana. Just say it. Say it before I go." 

She sighed. 

"Leila I heard about what happened with Virginia. Are you alright?"

"I love you, Leila." 

Then the call ended.