All We Need To

Yes, I know my job is toxic.

Yes, I know staying for a girl I probably have no chance with isn't good.

I know I have no chance with her but she keeps giving me mixed signals WHICH IS WHY I CAN'T MOVE ON!!! SHE'S CONFUSING! 

She's also not the WHOLE reason I'm still working at this place.

Trying to find a new job is VERY difficult and being in the middle of a fucking pandemic ISN'T MAKING IT EASIER!

November 2016

Tatiana's POV:

I walked through Barcelona and my phone rang. "Medeiros." I answered.

"Tati."

"Oh. Hey Leila." I grabbed my laptop.

"Where'd you go?"

"Everyone landed earlier than planned. I didn't want to get in your way so I headed to the hotel." I said. 

"I'm sorry about the other day."

Because of your new girlfriend?

"I didn't even realize that I pushed you into meeting them so soon. I just got so excited that you'd finally get to."

"Maybe another time when I'm free." I packed my stuff. 

"How long are you in Barcelona for?"

"About another 3 weeks." I said. 

"Are you still in school?" 

"I'm finishing this semester online." I said. "While I work for this company." I shook my head. "Look Leila I'd love to talk to you, but I have to meet the director in like 10 minutes. I'll talk to you later?"

"Yeah. Go be a big shot." She said.

Go talk to Mariona instead.

"You're the only star here, Leila." I said. "Bye." And hung up.

This is going to be difficult.

December 2016

Leila's POV:

Tatiana never called me back. I checked her Instagram and she was apparently back in the United States. She left and never even told me. 

"That Tatiana girl." Mariona said. "What's her deal?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"She seemed kind of angry? When she was here."

"Yeah what's her problem?" Alexia asked. "You said she was misunderstood but I saw that rockstar attitude the media talks about."

"Right." Mariona smiled. "She's the rockstar. I've read about her. You sure she's someone you want as a friend?" 

"She's different." I said. "And she was just tired. I picked her up from the airport and threw her right into meeting you guys."

"Just be careful." Mariona said. "Don't want you getting her." She put her hand on my arm.

"Like Alexia would let that happen." I smirked.

"You're right." She sighed and stood up. "Only I get to push you idiots around."

"Ow!" We turned to Jenni who tripped. "I'm ok!" She put her hand up. "Who put that grass there?" She smiled.

"Especially that idiot." Alexia laughed. "That one's mine." 

Tatiana's POV:

"You wanted to see me, sir?" I walked into the office.