Proud of You

May 2015

Tatiana's POV:

"Tati!" My dad yelled. I sat up in bed. "Come here!"

I got up and went downstairs. "What? It's like," I looked at my phone. "9 in the morning."

"Spain's roster for the World Cup is out!" He smiled. "I didn't look yet. Do you think Leila is on it?"

"Dad. I think you like Leila more than I do." I laughed.

"So you like her?" He smirked.

"As a friend! She's my friend!" I pointed at him. "Don't make this weird." 

"You made it weird. Not me." 

Leila's POV:

Today was our semifinal match against Barcelona. Winner goes to the final of the Copa de la Reina.

Playing against Barcelona never gets easy. Playing against my friends doesn't either.

But I have a job to do.

And I plan on doing the best I can. Making sure Valencia makes it to the final.

June 2015

Tatiana's POV:

"Hello?" I answered my phone.

"Hello. I'm looking for Tatiana Medeiros."

"Speaking." I sat up.

"We spoke in January."

"Yes. I remember. How are you?"

"I'm great. I'm calling with good news. After reviewing your scores, application, pretty much everything," I smiled. "we would like to offer you a spot in the fall semester."

"I'll accept that offer." I saw my dad.

"Perfect. We'll be sending you everything you need to know in regards to enrollment. Welcome to Harvard."

"Thank you so much."

"Have a good rest of your day." I said bye and hung up. 

"Well?"

"I'm going back to school!"

Leila's POV:

The World Cup was underway. Not for me though. 

One day I'll represent my country on this stage. But this year, I'll watch from home.

Barcelona. Not Valencia. 

We ended up beating Barcelona and advancing to the final of the Copa de la Reina. We didn't win, but beating Barcelona was a bittersweet feeling.

Now I got to watch a lot of my friends play for Spain in Canada.

Tatiana

I smiled and answered it. "Hey Tati."

"Leila guess what." She said.

"What?"

"No! Leila," She sighed. "I don't know how things work in Spain," I laughed. "but usually when someone says "guess what!" you're supposed to guess."

"But I'll guess, be wrong and then you'll make fun of me."

"I'll make fun of you, either way, Ouahabi."

"Why?"

"Because you get all frustrated when I make fun of you and it's cute." She said. 

"It's what?" I smirked.