By Your Side

November 2023

Leila's POV:

I packed my suitcase and got ready for our away game this weekend. Tatiana sat at the table and typed away. "What are you typing?" I laughed. "I can see the smoke coming off your hands."

She laughed. "Kevin and the team really liked the first 4 scripts I wrote for Spider-Woman. They gave ideas, I revised and now I'm writing the next one." She stopped and turned to me. "You're going to be gone for a few days. I have to do something to keep busy."

"How about you rest and relax." I put my hand on her stomach. "Before these two are out in the world causing chaos." 

She smiled. "They're already causing chaos." She smirked. "They are Ouahabi's after all." 

"Hopefully they are more on the Medeiros side than Ouahabi." I said. "Save us some trouble."

"Call my dad. I'm sure he'd love to tell you about my teenage years." 

"Ok. Now I'm curious." I laughed. "I will have to give him a call now."

"When is Mapi coming?" 

I heard a beep outside. "I think she's already here." There was a knock on the door. I went to answer it. "What did you do? Run up here?"

"Yes." She leaned against the doorway. "I wanted to see Tatiana before we left." She walked in. "Hey Tati." She walked over. "Wow look at the bump. The baby must have that Ouahabi ego." She looked at me.

No one knows it's twins yet. They just assume Tatiana is pregnant with the world's largest baby.

"Watch yourself." I said. 

"No bullying my wife, Mapi." Tatiana said. "Not when I'm 6 months pregnant. Don't piss of the pregnant Brazilian."

"Yes ma'am." Mapi smirked. "We gotta go. The team leaves in two hours and we have a meeting."

"Alright." Mapi took my bag and ran to the car. I walked over to Tatiana. "I will see you in a few days." I smiled. "I love you." I kissed her. I leaned to her stomach. "And I love you." I kissed one side. "And you." I kissed the other. "My three favorite people."

She laughed. "Get out of here before Mapi starts screaming."

"LEILA OUAHABI IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!"

"Too late." I sighed and grabbed my other bag. "I love you!" I ran outside.

"It's only 3 days." Mapi leaned against the car.

"When you're married and your wife is pregnant, I'll give you the same treatment. Also, It's Leila Ouahabi-Medeiros to you." 

December 2023

Tatiana's POV:

Leila and I were going to go to the states for the holidays. But we'd be spending time with her family first. 

"This is uncomfortable." I sighed. 

"Hold on. I saw this on a Tiktok once." Leila walked behind me. She put her hands under my stomach and held it. "How's that?"

"That's so much better you can never leave." 

Patri laughed. "I don't think Leila minds at all."

"I don't." Leila said. "I think I'm enjoying this more than you are."

"I doubt that." I closed my eyes. "You haven't been pregnant for 6 years."

She laughed. "I know I haven't. You are amazing." 

We got to her mom's and sat with everyone. "How are you doing?" Her mom asked.

"Not good." I sighed. "Everything just hurts and I'm just always tired."

"She's not sleeping." Leila said. "Nothing is comfortable for her to sleep. I don't know what to do here." She yawned.

"So she stays up with me when I can't sleep."

"Leila." Her mom laughed. "You need to sleep."

"I know but I feel bad. She's carrying our child and can't sleep. Why should I sleep?"

"So that when the baby is here, you'll be rested to take care of the baby. And Tatiana can finally rest." 

"Listen to your mom." I said. "As soon as I give birth I am taking a 9-month long nap." 

Leila laughed. "I'd be happier if you took 10 months. Get all the rest you need and deserve."

"Aw look at my daughter. I raised her right." 

Leila's POV:

We landed in Miami to see Tatiana's father. "My child has returned!" He yelled. "And she brought her child!"

"When are we gonna tell them it's twins?" I whispered.

"When I'm in the hospital." She whispered back. "Right after the first one comes out just go, oh my god who left this second baby in there!" She laughed.

"You think you're funny."

"I think I'm a riot, Leila. And I know you think so too. Don't even try to hide it." She hugged her dad. 

"How much longer till I meet my grandbaby?"

"Not too much longer."

"I'm excited." He smiled. 

We got home and Tatiana laid on her bed. "This," She sighed. "This is pretty comfortable." I looked at how she was laying. "I might fall asleep here." She mumbled.

"Then sleep." I kissed her forehead. "And I'll go sit with your dad."

I went downstairs. "Let me guess. She's asleep."

"Yeah." I laughed. I told him how she hasn't been sleeping. 

"Soon the baby will be here. Then she'll sleep as much as she needs." He laughed. "You on the other hand."

"I will be up with the baby." I smiled. "I'm excited about this. Being a parent. Starting a family with Tatiana."

Before we knew it, it was New Year's Eve. 

While we've been at her dad's, Tatiana's managed to sleep a lot. Something about being in the house she grew up in. I didn't question it. She was sleeping, that's all that mattered to me. 

I didn't want to disturb her, so I've been sleeping in the guest room. 

January 2024

"2024." Tatiana sighed. "Where did the time go? It's been over 10 years since we met." She smiled.

"And only a few months since we've been married." I smirked. "And soon, we'll be parents." 

"About that." She sighed. "I think I might stay here. I know you have to go back but I don't know if I can do another flight like that." She shook her head. "It just took a lot and my back killed."

"Then we'll stay." 

"The team,"

"Will understand me wanting to be with my wife as she approaches her due date. Besides," I looked around. "Twins usually come out a little early so I need to be by your side for whenever they decide to make their big debut."

"I wonder what we're having." She said. "Maybe a boy and a girl."

I shrugged. "I think two girls." 

What are they having?

Find out soon!