Little Angels

August 2023

Tatiana's POV:

We were in the states preparing for the wedding. Leila's mother and siblings were flying out today. We would take them and my father out to dinner. That's when we'll tell them I'm pregnant.

After that, her friends would fly in and we'll tell them the news. Florence is coming to the wedding, but we'll tell her separately. Those Spanish girls get wild.

Florence does too, but they get wild in Spanish.

"Is this a formal dinner?" My dad asked. "Should I wear a tie?"

"I think a tie would make you look very handsome, dad." I smiled. "It's not insanely formal, but this is the first time you're meeting them."

"Good point. I need to make a good impression. They are about to become part of the family. Tie it is!" 

I laughed. "The great tie debate?" Leila walked in.

"You already know." 

She laughed. "Which tie?" My dad asked. He showed to options. "Right or left?" 

"What shirt are you wearing?" Leila asked. 

"Uh, this one." He held up a black dress shirt. 

"The silver one." Leila said. "With that jacket." He held up a grey one. "Rest all black." She said. 

"Ok. Please hold." He walked off camera and got dressed.

"Look at you. Helping my father get dressed." I smiled.

"I'm always here to help." 

My father walked back in and showed off the outfit. "Well?"

"Very handsome dad." I smiled. 

"I haven't gotten all dressed up like this since your mother passed." He said. "Feels nice."

"You got dressed for my events."

"Once a few years ago. But for a dinner like this? Not since your mother and I had date nights." He sighed. My father wasn't an old man. My parents had me when they were 19 years old. "Never thought I'd do this again. Not at my age."

"You're only 50, dad." I sighed.

"Wait you're 50? Alberto, I thought you were in your 40s." Leila said. 

"My daughter keeps me young." He smiled. 

"I did not think you were 50, sir. Drop your skincare routine please." My dad laughed. "How old were you when Tatiana was born? If you don't mind me asking."

"We were 18 when we found out we were having a baby. Only a few months into our marriage. Then 19 when Tatiana was born. You know, her mother and were only born 2 days apart. She was older than me."

"Leila and I are 3 weeks." I said.

"But you're a year older." 

"My daughter marrying a younger woman." My dad shook his head. 

A few hours later we met everyone at the restaurant. Everyone was nicely dressed and Leila did her best to hide the growing baby bump. 

We ate and got to know each other. My father loved Leila's family. "There is a real reason we planned this dinner." Leila sat. "Yes, we wanted all of you to meet before the wedding, but there is something else." She looked at me. I nodded. "Next week, Tatiana and I will be married. And soon we'll also be parents." She squeezed my hand. 

"I'm pregnant." Tatiana smiled.

"What?" Her dad looked at us. "Pregnant?"

"Yes." Tatiana nodded. "It was planned, well, I planned it. Leila didn't know." I looked towards her brother. "We talked about having children and I wanted to do this. So I did and I'm pregnant." 

"How far along are you?" Leila's mother asked. 

"3 months." Tatiana said. 

"You're being quiet." Her mother turned to her brother. 

"I kind of knew already. At least that she was planning it." He smiled.

"And how come he knew?" Her mother looked at Leila.

"Because he's the donor." Leila said. 

"What?"

"Tatiana said that they started talking about having a baby. But she didn't want to use a random donor. I offered, we discussed it. Now the baby will be just as much of an Ouahabi as a Medeiros." 

Leila's POV:

All my friends from Spain got to the states. Some of Tatiana's movie friends came as well. Patri was freaking out. 

"What's this about?"

"We aren't doing bachelorette parties. So we just thought we'd get all our friends together at the same time." I shrugged. 

"Nice save." Tatiana whispered.

"I practiced that since we got back from Australia." I smiled.

We sat around and talked. "You two excited for the wedding?" Florence asked. "I know I am." 

Tatiana laughed. "Very excited. I can't wait to marry this dumbass." She put her head on my shoulder.

"That's her way of saying she loves me." I smiled.

"No that's just her calling you a dumbass." Virginia said. Nahikari nudged her. "Ow." 

"We have a pre-wedding surprise for all of you." Tatiana said. "Your turn." She said.

"Well, we both agreed we wanted to do the whole marriage and kids thing. So Tatiana did some planning, behind my back I'll add, and she is now 3 months pregnant." 

"Holy shit." Mapi jumped up. "Baby Tatiana's?"

"Aw," Alexia smirked. "Little spider babies!"

"I hate you." Tatiana looked at her. 

Alexia laughed. "Congratulations."

"Quick question." Virginia put her hand up. "The donor. Is he hot or is he gross?"

"Aren't all men gross?" Mapi asked.

"Yeah but like is he ok to look at or?"

"If you're asking whether or not the baby will have two attractive parents, I'll ask what you think about Leila's brother." Tatiana said. "Considering he's the donor."

"No way." Jenni smiled. "That's awesome. The baby will have both genes."

"That was the plan."

"Too bad you don't have a brother." Mariona said. "If Leila ever wanted to carry a baby for you guys."

"She does have cousins." I said. "What about your aunt Sonia's son?"

"Bernardo?"

"Yeah. Not saying I'm gonna go get pregnant but if I ever wanted to, think he'd help out?"

"He'll be at the wedding. You can ask."

"Imagine pregnant Leila." Mapi laughed.

Florence walked over to Tatiana. "I'm happy for you." She hugged her. "I'm gonna be auntie Flo!"

Tatiana laughed. "Auntie Flo."

"I'm gonna spoil that kid." Mapi said. "You two already know that though."

"We do, Mapi." I nodded. "Fake tattoos?"

"Kids gonna have the coolest sleeve in the world." I laughed.

"We're missing the point!" Patri said. "Congratulations you two. We can't wait to meet this little angel."

Wait till they find out it's two little angels.