Even Better

Cute little soft update here for you. Wrote it right now. 

Hope you like it.

May 2022

Leila's POV:

Theo sent a car to pick me up. I got to the hotel and went up to the rooms. Theo opened the door. "She just fell asleep." He said. "I didn't want to leave her. Not till someone else was here." 

I walked in and saw her asleep. "How's she doing?"

"Well, Florence stayed with her after she got the message. Distracted her. I called her lawyers trying to figure out what we can do to ensure her safety." He said. "I'm waiting for them to call back, now that you're here."

"Go." I said. "Do what you have to. Her safety is our main focus right now. It's the only thing that matters. This monster already went this far. Who knows what he'll do next. We can't let guys like this win."

Theo looked at Tatiana and walked closer to it. "I know you want to," He whispered. "But if it comes down to it, I'll kill the bastard myself. Tatiana needs you by her side. I'll do it." 

I laughed. "Let's hope it doesn't go that far. She needs both of us." 

He left the room and I sat on the bed with her. I texted Mapi that I landed and was with Tatiana. She told everyone at Barcelona I had a personal family matter that came up in the middle of the night. They granted me a short leave to deal with it. 

Even Alexia texted.

Call me if you need me.

Virginia too.

If we're going after him say the word. I'll kick his ass.

A few hours went by when I heard movement. "Theo?" I looked down.

"Nope." I smiled.

"Leila." She rolled over and looked at me. "When did you get here?"

"Few hours again." I brushed some hair out of her face. "How are you doing my love?"

"I'm ok. Better now you're here. Why didn't you wake me?"

"Because I love you." I said. "Florence is bringing food. Something about cooking with Flo?" I shrugged.

Tatiana smiled. "I love cooking with Flo." There was a knock on the door. 

"Room service!" I opened the door. "Did someone order a shit ton of food served by an adorable British woman?" Florence smiled.

"No, just the food." Tatiana said. 

"Asshole." Florence walked into the room. 

Tatiana started eating. Theo came back. "So I have good news and bad news."

"What's the bad news?" Tatiana asked.

"Bad news is there is nothing we can do about him being released. I argued that he's barely served a year and not only was he in there for assault, but he also broke into someone's home. He's a dangerous man who shouldn't be on the streets. They're going to review the case, but for now, he will still be released and monitored. He's not allowed anywhere NEAR you or your father. If he even steps foot in the state of Florida, he will be arrested." 

"That's great. I don't live in Florida."

"He can get to her here."

"He's being ordered to stay in his home state of Montana." 

"And the good news?" Florence asked.

"I told them you want a restraining order against him. And all protective measures will be taken." He said. "No one fucks with my favorite human and gets a second chance."