So Much Already

No, but seriously. 

Any and all baby name suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy the update! 

August 2023

Tatiana's POV:

The first few knockout matches were done. 

So far Sweden knocked out Portugal, Canada knocked out Costa Rica, Denmark surprisingly knocked out the Netherlands, and Chile beat England in extra time. 

Next was Brazil against the last remaining host, Australia, Italy against the United States, and Norway against Germany.

Spain had to face off against France.

Leila recovered after passing out when she found out we're having twins. She said she passed out cause she had a lot of emotions over the past few days and that was another exciting moment. 

Her happiness shifted to concern when she realized I'd be growing two babies.

She did have a little bruise on her face from when she hit the floor. But she's fine. She'll be playing. 

Her excuse is she got too excited when I shared some news on an upcoming project of mine. 

Not a complete lie. 

Leila's POV:

Today was our game against France. The first game of the day saw Brazil knock out Australia. Tomorrow would be Italy against the US and Germany against Norway.

That's tomorrow. 

Let's focus on now.

I stood in the tunnel and waited. Carmen would be out for a while with an ankle injury. I'd be taking her place. 

After scoring that winner, the pressure was on. 

We walked out and stood tall for our anthems. Then it was game time. 

Tatiana's POV:

It was late in the 1st half. Still 0-0. 

Then France took the lead. "Damn it." I sighed.

"It's fine. They'll get it."

The first half ended that way. Spain came out stronger in the second. Patri scoring the tying goal early. Then Spain got a free-kick. Mapi walked over and wanted it. 

When she took it, the stadium went silent. But when the ball hit the back of the net, everyone erupted. 

"GOAL!! Scoring for Spain in the 50th minute. #16 María León!"

France pushed on and looked for the tying goal. 

Then the queen of everything had a say.

"GOAL!! Scoring for Spain in the 78th minute. #11 Alexia Putellas!"

Leila's POV:

We got back to the hotel where we were greeted by family. I saw Tatiana and ran to her. 

"Where's the queen." She smirked.

"Over there." I laughed. We walked to Alexia. 

"Queen of everything." Tatiana said. "Making it look easy."

"You're lucky I'm in a good mood, Spider-Woman."

Tatiana laughed. "You know it's all love, Alexia. But if you guys end up playing Brazil, you know where my loyalty is." 

"Of course." 

The next day, Norway knocked out Germany in extra time. We'd play them next. 

Then we all sat around and watched Italy against the United States. The winner plays Brazil.