Need To See Her

I am no longer going to Disney World with my father because I couldn't get the time off work. Which was expected considering he gave me 2 weeks to prepare for this trip and my job requires a month's notice for day off requests. Which I have given in the past and he STILL denied it and scheduled me to work. 

Anyway. I'm finishing up post-production on my short film. It's coming soon.

I wrote this update during some free time.

Hope you enjoy.

April 2022

Tatiana's POV:

I turned 30 years old. Leila turned 29. We got to spend our birthdays together before she went back to Spain.

My film was finally done and awaiting release. Which meant it was press time. 

"You can either do interviews alone since you're the director. Or we can put you with someone from the cast." 

I nodded. 

"Can I interview with her?" Florence asked. "I don't really like doing interviews alone. I'd feel better being with someone."

I looked at her and smiled. "I'm ok with that." 

We walked away. "If you get uncomfortable at any point during any interview, just nudge my arm and I'll change the topic. Ok?"

"Thanks."

"What are friends for." 

Leila's POV:

"My next guests are two amazingly talented women. Please welcome Tatiana Medeiros and Florence Pugh!" They walked out and sat on the couch. "Ladies welcome. Thank you for coming on."

"Thanks for having us." Florence said.

"Tatiana, it's been a while since we've seen your name attached to a film, what made you want to direct this one?"

"I read the script and just instantly connected with the main character who is played beautifully by Florence." She said. "But after taking a much-needed break, I knew that when I wanted to get back to work, it needed to be something I could connect to."  

"Well, I got to see it at a screening last week. Amazing as always. Florence when you play a character, do you go into the role aiming to leave viewers speechless or?" Everyone including Tatiana laughed. 

"I was speechless." Tatiana said. "Watching a movie she's in is one thing, but seeing the madness that goes on behind the scenes? What a treat."

"You call it madness, I call it genius." Florence said. "I just remember watching films and always being impacted by certain performances so if I can do that for someone watching now, I did a good job."

"They're talking Oscars for both of you. Tatiana you've been nominated for your writing before, Florence you were nominated for best supporting actress for your performance in Little Women. Do you feel this is the movie you both get that award?" 

They looked at each other. "I'm not purposely trying to win awards. I just love telling these stories and creating these realities that we can use to escape for a little while." 

Florence nodded. "What she said." 

The interview ended and my phone rang. 

Tatiana

"Hey." I smiled. "I watched the interview. You two are a good duo." 

"Yeah?" She said. 

"I'm happy you're getting more people who have your back." I said. "Besides my friends and I of course."

"So am I." She said. "She actually wanted to do the press with me. So she could help in case an interviewer made things uncomfortable."

"Ok, she is now my favorite person." I said. "How much more press is left?" 

"Week and a half. Then the premiere. Then I have to start another production." 

"Busy woman."

"Very busy." She laughed. "Yeah I'm just finishing a call!" She said and sighed. "Yes, it is Leila. No Florence you can't say hi." 

 I laughed. "Get back to work, babe. I'll talk to you later ok?"

"Ok. Love you."

"Love you too." I hung up and looked at Jenni. "What?"

"Whipped." Patri smirked. 

"Yeah, maybe I am. Fight me, Guijarro."

"Ok relax." Jenni laughed. "We're happy for you, Leila. Just joking around." 

May 2022

Tatiana's POV:

"Courage in the Rose is in theaters everywhere this Friday. Thank you to my guests, Florence Pugh and Tatiana Medeiros. We'll be back with more after this!"

"And we're off!" 

"And we're done." Florence leaned back on the couch. "What's next?"

"For me? A lot."

"Right." She said. 

We walked to the hotel and I checked my phone. 

Andreas England to be released early on good behavior

I dropped my phone. "Tatiana?" Florence turned around. "What's wrong?"

Theo ran over. "Get her out of here quick." He said. We got to the rooms and he called Leila. 

"Do you know what time it is, Theo?" She sighed.

"Tatiana needs you."

"Give me the phone." 

"Leila?"

"Tatiana, what's going on?"

"He's getting out." 

"Who?"

"Andreas." 

"Son of a bitch." She said. "Where are you right now?"

"Hotel in New York."

"With?"

"Theo, Florence some other people."

"Good. Stay with them." She said. "I'll be there soon." 

Leila's POV:

I hung up and started packing a small bag. I called Mapi.

"Leila it is too damn early for this."

"I need a ride to the airport. It's Tatiana can you help me out?"

She sighed. "I'll meet you out front." 

I waited out front and she pulled up. "Let's go." I got in the car and she drove me to the airport. "You gonna tell me what's going on?" 

"He's getting out."

"What?"

"I know."

"Son of a bitch. Get me a ticket too. I want to kick this guy's ass." 

"Later. I just need to get to her. She's with people now, but I know she's freaked out and worried right now. I just need to see her. Cause I'm worried too."

"You think he'd try something?"

"He already went this far. And in his mind, he did nothing wrong. Why wouldn't he try something?"

Uh ohhhhh. Drama incoming.