A Second

December 2019

Leila's POV:

"An unexpected duo in the making. Tatiana Medeiros and Brie Larson's new WIRED Autocomplete Interview came out today and these two are the perfect match." 

I grabbed my laptop and looked it up. "What are you doing?" Mapi walked in. 

"I just wanna see what this is." I hit play and watched.

"Hi I'm Brie Larson." 

"I'm Tatiana Medeiros and this is our WIRED Autocomplete Interview." Tatiana smiled. "I'll go first." She looked. "Ok. Where was Tatiana Medeiros," She read the rest. "Born?" She smiled. "I was born in Brazil."

"Really?"

"Really."

They answered more questions. "Is Tatiana Medeiros," She read it. "Single." She looked at the camera. "Painfully single." Brie laughed. "I'm so alone." She laughed. 

"We actually made a deal." Brie said. "If we're both still single by the time we hit 40 we're just gonna marry each other." Brie stared into the camera. Tatiana started laughing.

She mumbled something under her breath. Brie must've heard and started to laugh. "Oh, shit can we cut that out?" 

"Nope you said it. It stays."

"Fine. Last one. Is Tatiana Medeiros." She read it. "Married? Ok really?" She looked at the camera. "Yes. I'm single but yes I'm married too." She rolled her eyes. "Ridiculous questions."

"I'm serious about the 40s thing." Brie said. 

"No." Tatiana crossed her arms. 

"Yep."

"Not a chance."

"It's happening."

"Thank you for watching." Tatiana threw the board. "That was fun."

The video ended and I looked at Mapi. She grabbed my laptop and went back to a part of the video.

"What are you doing?" I sighed.

"Just wait." She put the volume up and hit play. 

"I'm so alone."

"We actually made a deal." Brie said. "If we're both still single by the time we hit 40 we're just gonna marry each other."

"Leila isn't gonna like that." She mumbled under her breath. "Oh, shit can we cut that out?" 

She paused the video and looked at me. "Dude."

"I should call her." I closed my laptop and left the room. 

I called her and waited.

"You've reached Tatiana. Leave a message and I'll call you back!"

I waited and left a message. "Hey, Tati. Um, it's Leila." I closed my eyes and put my hand on my forehead. "Which you knew already because it will say my name for the voicemail. Anyway, I just wanted to talk to you. I know you're busy being an amazing filmmaker so when you get a chance just text me. Bye. Um, it's Leila? You idiot!"

Tatiana's POV:

I left the studio and checked my phone. I had texts from my agent, emails from Kevin and other people, a few missed calls, and some voicemails.

I looked through everything and responded. 

Then I listened to Leila's voicemail. 

"Hey, Tati. Um, it's Leila." I laughed and listened to the rest. "I know you're busy being an amazing filmmaker so when you get a chance just text me. Bye. Um, it's Leila? You idiot!" The message ended and I called her back.