Because I Can't

Coworker update!! She was talking to this guy we work with (think they're dating but don't really know) and it made me SO angry. This whole week SUCKED but that?

I understand I don't have a chance with this girl. I know that. But I wanted to go back there after I was done for the day and run him over. Annoying little shit.

Until I get a new job (which is impossible more places are starting to close around me) I'm gonna have to put up with this toxic environment and see HER. 

Anyway, enjoy this update!

June 2017

Leila's POV:

I watched Mariona talk with Patri.

"What are you thinking?" Alexia sat next to me. 

"If you're here to lecture me again, I don't want to hear it."

"I'm just here to see my friends." She said. "No matter how stupid they are." 

I shook my head. "When it comes to my relationships, mind your own business. I don't get involved with you and Jenni. Don't get involved with me and Mariona." 

"Me and Jenni?" She smirked. "There's nothing for you to get involved in. As for you and Mariona." She stood up. "If you hurt Mariona in any way," She leaned towards me. "there is nowhere on this planet you can hide from me." She patted my shoulders and stood up straight. "Good talk, Leila." She walked away.

Mariona came over and sat next to me. "What was that about?" 

"Just Alexia reminding me that her and Jenni aren't a thing." I said. "The usual." Mariona laughed. "What did you and Patri talk about?" 

"You."

"What about me?"

"How insane you are." 

I laughed. "Yet Patri is still my best friend and you haven't broken up with me yet."

"Guess I just really love that part of you." She said. I looked at her. "I said it." 

"And did you mean it?"

"I mean everything I say about you, Leila."

Tatiana's POV:

"I still don't get why you and Cassandra broke up." My roommate, Jade shook her head. "She was hot, and into your stupid ass."

"She's not Leila. I know that ship has sailed. It's not coming back for a while if it ever comes back." I sighed. "But Leila was the first person to see ME. She brought me back and reminded me I was more than just a puppet. She made me want more for myself. I'm happy she's happy. I just wish she was happy because of me." I shrugged. "And I want to hate that Mariona girl, but she's adorable and I hate myself instead." I looked down. 

"Yeah, I wanna pinch her cheeks." She kicked a rock. "So what are you going to do, Tati?"

"Bury myself in my work? I'm shooting my first feature film in a few months, starting my 3rd year at Harvard and have the option to graduate early." I said. "Those are more than enough distractions from," I looked down at my phone. "Leila fucking Ouahabi." I looked up.

"What?" Jade took my phone. "You still follow her on Instagram? Why would you do that to yourself?" She stared at the picture. "She is attractive though. I see why you're struggling."  

I took my phone back. "Unfollowing her would mean it's real. We're not friends anymore and Leila's gone from my life. I want to hold on as long as I can. I know she's not coming back. But a small part of me hopes that she does."