Escape It

November 2021

Leila's POV:

I watched Tatiana laugh with Patri. She just seemed much more relaxed now. Going back to Brazil helped her that much. 

"What are you thinking?" Mapi walked over.

"Nothing." I turned around.

"I'm sorry. Ok? I just hated seeing her that way. I didn't want her to look at the baby and go back to that. But you were right. It was her choice." She said.

"I'm not the one you need to apologize to." I said. Tatiana walked over. "I didn't think Patri was that funny." I said.

"She's not but can't let her feel bad." She looked at me and winked. "Hey Mapi." She moved closer to me. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. 

"I want to apologize for how I acted." Mapi said. "Seeing you in the hospital after what happened, I hated it. All the times I've seen you, you're always smiling. Making jokes and to see you like that. Terrified." She shook her head. "I didn't want you to look at the baby, your baby, and feel like that again. Because you don't deserve that. You deserve nothing but love and happiness, Tatiana. But as Leila said, it was choice your. And as your best friend. Both of you, I should've respected your choice. I'm sorry." Tatiana nodded. "I know that when the time comes, you two are going to be the best parents to the most adorable kid on the planet."

"That kids gonna be spoiled by Aunt Mapi right?" Tatiana smiled.

"I'm going to cover the kid in fake tattoos." 

"I know you will." Tatiana laughed.

"Are we ok?"

"You were just trying to protect me. All of you were. Besides, before the band, I had a small group of friends. But I lost that when the band got bigger. Since then, everyone who wanted to be "friends" with me wasn't real. They just wanted to fame. But this," She looked at everything. "You guys are the most real group of friends have had." 

"Just say the word, Tatiana. If anyone messed with you, I'll take care of it." Mapi said.

"I think Leila has it covered." Tatiana rested her head on my shoulder.

"I could use some backup though." I looked at Mapi.

"Package deal." Jenni crossed her arms. 

Tatiana's POV:

"Is that your phone?" Leila looked at me.

"Yeah." I reached and got it. "Shit. It's my agent." I answered. "Hello?"

"Tatiana. How are you? How's everything?"

"Good. I'm good everything is good."

"I'm glad to hear. Ready to get back to work?"

"Really?"

"Really."

"So what do I need to do?"

"I have some scripts that need directors. Figured you can take your pick."

"I'm not a touchy subject anymore?"

"These producers are females." He said. "Nothing has changed in their minds."

"So it's just the guys who don't want to work with me."

"Pretty much."

"That's fine. I don't want to work with them anyway."

"You're my favorite client." He said. "But I know you're living in Spain now."

"Yeah, I am." I looked at Leila.