Beautiful

Currently at my dads house. Have this update for you.

Enjoy!

August 2023

Leila's POV:

Tied at 1. We were heading to extra time. I listened to Jorge and Alexia as we had a break. "You doing alright?" A trainer walked over.

I nodded. "I'm fine."

"They're going after you. You've taken a few hits."

"I'm fine." I looked at her. "It's a physical sport. I get hit and I hit right back. I'll be fine. Let's just win this trophy."

Mapi looked at me. "What Leila said. Let's win this trophy."

Tatiana's POV:

I watched Leila carefully. Brazil stayed on top of her and Laia when they attacked. I was happy to see Brazil defending so well, but Leila was taking a beating.

She finally got through the defense and charged forward. Patri yelled for the ball but Leila took the shot.

Her brother stood up. The keeper dove for it and got her hand on it. But Leila it the ball with too much power. It sailed past her fingers and into the goal.

"GOAL!! Scoring for Spain in the 103rd minute. #15 Leila Ouahabi! Assisted by #1! Sandra Paños!"

I leaned back in my seat and clapped.

"Take that Brazil!" Leila's brother cheered. I looked at him. He noticed my glare and slowly sat down. "I- I love Brazil. I heard it's great."

"Hmm." I crossed my arms. "I'll allow it cause it was Leila."

The first 15 of extra time ended. Spain was leading 2-1. I was conflicted. I guess either way I'd be happy.

Happy for Leila or happy for my country.

Eh, fuck it. I still want Brazil.

Leila's POV:

"3 more minutes!" Irene yelled. "That's it!"

"Leila! Left!" Mapi yelled. I saw an attacker running towards me. I chased her and prevented the attack. I got the ball to Mapi and she started an attack with Patri.

Patri raced towards goal and found Aitana who passed it to Jenni.

Jenni took the shot and scored.

"GOAL!! Scoring for Spain in the 117th minute. #10 Jenni Hermoso! Assisted by #6! Aitana Bonmatí!"

I looked up towards our families. I knew Tatiana was pissed and laughed.

"What's funny?" Alexia looked at me.

"Tatiana is gonna be so pissed about this." I shook my head. "I might not be alive for our wedding."

The final whistle blew and our bench cleared. We had won our first World Cup. We took pictures, danced around and enjoy this moment.

Alexia lifted the trophy and the party in Spain began.

Once we got back to the hotel, we went straight to our families.

I saw Tatiana and noticed she changed. "What? So upset about Brazil you took it off?"

"Yes." She pouted. "That and the fact that my little bump was noticeable. Everyone was too focused on the game to notice though. Plus your brother is great at hiding things. No one saw me from the neck down at all." She smiled. "But congratulations World Champion."