Just Us

October 2019

Leila's POV:

"Have you talked to Tatiana at all?" Patri asked.

"Um, not a lot. She said she's had a lot of meetings recently. Big up-and-coming filmmaker everyone wants to hire her." I laughed. "But she wanted this so I'm happy. Even if I do miss her." I shrugged.

"I won't get involved." Patri put her hands up. "I know you messed up with her, and I know everyone is getting involved with your not relationship. So I won't. It's not my business. I will give you some advice, though. Cause you're my best friend and I want you to be happy." I laughed. "You messed up. That's something that's always going to stay in your mind, and in Tatiana's too. You hurt her and it's always going to stay with her." I nodded. "But from this moment, until your last moment together, you show her how much you care about her. As friends, as a girlfriend, as a wife if we get there. Whichever way she's in your life, you show her how much she means to you. Make the good stand out more than the bad."

I nodded. "You know, you're the first person to give me advice that didn't end with "just date her already you idiot!" and I appreciate that."

"I want you two to date. But I know she's hurting and honestly Leila, you are too. In different ways though. You broke her heart and her trust. You can't just apologize and then date her. It's going to take time. Ignore everyone else. And if you need someone to talk to, you know where to find me." 

I laughed. "Thanks, Patri." I hugged her.

Tatiana's POV:

I walked into Kevin's office. "What do you have for me?" He smiled. 

"The script is still very early in development but it's moving along." 

"Good. I'm going to have you head down to Atlanta next month."

"For?"

"I want you to oversee the filming of WandaVision. I'll be heading down too, I just need to get starting on something. This way you can meet with the cast, especially Teyonah."

I nodded. "Alright."

"Great. You'll head down in a few weeks. I'll see you then." I left and headed to my apartment.

After getting the job with Marvel, I moved to California. It was nice being able to work. 

I got my stuff together and flew back to Miami. 

"Tatiana." My dad picked me up. "How long are you here for?"

"Just a few days. Then I'm going to Atlanta." I smiled. "Figured I'd come visit my favorite person."

We got home and ate dinner. 

About two weeks later, there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it." I got up. I opened the door. "Leila."

"Hi." She smiled. "Got a minute?"

"Sure." I went outside. "You're here. Why are you here?"

"I wanted to talk to you, but I didn't want to do it over the phone." She said. "So I called your dad and he said you were coming here so I got the earliest flight I could." 

"What's going on?"

"I know you've been busy with work, it's great. You know I'm your biggest fan. I'm so happy you're finally doing what you want."

"I feel like there's a but coming."

"But," She smiled. "I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss you. I hate that so many people get to see you every day and if that makes me selfish, then I guess I am. I miss how we were. I miss your random phone calls when you'd tell me how I was going to be a star one day. I miss randomly calling you and telling you how incredible you are." She grabbed my hands. "I screwed up, Tati." She nodded. "Really screwed up. I ruined my relationship with you, Mariona, Vir, Mapi, I could go on. The point is, I tried so hard to not hurt Mariona, that I hurt you and ruined everything. I broke your trust and I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you. But, I love you, Tatiana. So much. More than I've loved anyway. I know you're still hurting but I just want you to know tha-"

"Leila I'm still hurting, but you flew all the way out here to tell me this. How about this? I have a few more weeks before I have to go to Atlanta. I'll fly back to Barcelona with you, and you can take me on a REAL date," She laughed. "And we'll just be us. No teammates, no friends, no agents. Nothing. Just you and me."

She nodded. "I like that. Wait why are you going to Atlanta?" 

"I really wish I could tell you." I sighed. "But I can't even tell my dad why I'm going. Just that I'm going." 

November 2019

Leila's POV:

"I hate when Tatiana comes to Spain and I don't get to see her." Virginia sighed. "Every single time."

"Well, she was only here for like two days. She's working now." 

"She hates me doesn't she." 

"Call her and ask." I looked at my phone. Tatiana had texted.

I just saw famous people

I laughed and responded.

You are a famous people

Not THIS famous

I locked my phone and looked up. "What?"

"She texted you didn't she?" Virginia said.

"Maybe she did. Maybe she didn't." I shrugged. 

I looked at Patri. She nodded and we left. "Being secretive?" She smirked.

"It's just not Vir's business right now. It needs to be just me and Tatiana right now. So we can rebuild and get back to where we were before I screwed everything up."

"Cute."

"Where is she anyway?"

"She is somewhere, doing work for something, and she can't tell anyone anything." I smiled.

"That means she's working for Marvel now doesn't it."

"I'm going to be completely honest with you, Patri." I put my hand on her shoulder. "I have no idea what Tatiana is doing and I'm ok with it. Why? Because she's happy." 

Tatiana's POV:

"The what now?"

"The 50s!" Elizabeth laughed. 

"I just wanna know how you can act in front of that?" I pointed to Paul who was blue. "He has ears. Vision isn't supposed to have ears."

"Vision is also supposed to be dead." He said. "But here I am."

I shook my head. "Everyone's bonding." Kevin walked over. "Lizzie she'll be joining us in London for Doctor Strange."

"Great. We need more women getting things done."

I nodded and felt my phone vibrate. I muted it and listened to everyone talk.

Before I knew it, we had started filming. 

Now, THIS is what I wanted for my career.