chapter 15

**So merry late yuletide and happy upcoming new year to all my readers. You guys are why i do what i do. Sorry im late ;) **

xoxo -AveryJ

**Byrons p.o.v**

It was hard to say the least watching my adoptive parents argue, even though I myself was still mad but it was even harder knowing they were inside a burning spaceship that was heading to earth.

It was somewhere between then and now that I forgave Malaki. I understood why he did what he did.

Staring at the dashboard I get nervous.

"Mom, are you almost to the engine room?" I called, there was no answer.

Nervousness sprang through my heart. The beeping inside my cabin sounded my attention.

"Shit." The flow meter on the engine coolant was wearing thin and the longer I stayed pushing up on this ship the hotter the engine got.

"Byron, cut back!" Frankie yelled over com.

"Your smoking! CUT IT BACK NOW BYRON, GOD DAMMIT!" Boe screamed. The temperature increased and I was over heating. The sweat on my brow dripping into my eyes. The engine couldn't handle pushing the spaceship anymore.

"Mom, dad, COME IN!" I yelled.

I was stuck for options. Self-sacrifice or let it fall.

Sweat droplets started to roll from my forehead as I patiently waited for mom to call.

The beeping got worse and worse and I could hear Frankie and boe creaming over com but my will to keep this thing afloat stopped me.

I could physically see Frankie's closes fist banging on the glass 2 miles from my location. He was mad. I watched boe shoot pieces of shrapnel out of the sky.

It was peaceful honestly. I realized I was going to die if I kept this up. If I didn't my only real parental figures would fall to earth, and die..

Did I want to live? I looked to Frankie. I did.

Right as I switched my thrusters off, giving up on my own parents. I cried. The tears didn't stop, But saw a spark of something infront of me.

"Oh my god!" I wailed, The big ship thrusters turned on, and I narrowly dodged the hot air that would have hit me..

I took a moment to rest my forehead against the steering wheel.

The old radio on the small cursor picked p the sound of static.. "Kii-ea....BZZRT.....here.....BBZZZRT... Object...BBZZRT... Passing me...now.."

I zoned in on the radio, using the gift I was given to correct the transmission.

" This is opportunity.. come into Kii-ea...Small spacecraft spotted passing here.... Dropped a small shuttle craft here, and is passing me now.. Im heading to the shuttle now.." Byron's eyes flared at the message. Opportunity was stationed on mars. 3 days from here. Who was there? How did they get there?

With baby star mission Byron's only thoughts were on the shuttle dropped on mars surface.

"Frankie, Boe...we need to get to mars." I whispered into the radio.

"What in the hell are you talking about Byron!"

"We need to stay here on mission!" Frankie wailed.

"Oh my gods, here just listen to this!" I get annoyed and send the transmission. I fly my small carrier to there's.

"We need to go to mars." Frankie agrees over com.