MARS explained (NOT A CHAPTER)

MARS:(Slight spoilers onVERYminor things ahead)

(IRL facts underlined) 

I got a lot of questions/comments on mars so I thought I would make a short synopsis of mars in my book vs mars in real life.

Im trying to keep it as real as possible.

In real life mars has 65% less gravity than us (to put it simply) meaning if I weight 100kg I would weight 38kg on mars surface.

In my book that is the same. The only reason Frankie could run and jump is because the suit he is wearing was heavy.

In real life mars has frozen polar caps, meaning at some point mars had an ocean that froze over.

In my book, there is the water underground because, like earth, the further down you go, the more gravity pulls on you. So as they descend into mars core, though water, they get pulled by gravity down.

In my book in the cave system there is Oxygen because in my book, mars has an elaborate tunnel system under their crust where...there may be life... living. (Slight spoiler, and trees growing,plants etc)

 (Slight spoiler, and trees growing,plants etc)

(Cave system kind of like this, THINK YAZNA)

So boe was able to take the helmet off.

IN REAL LIFE: Mars atmosphere (On the surface) is 0.13%Oxygen. Earth, oxygen is 21%.

Here is a quote from asu.edu (Earth's atmosphere is 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, 1.0% argon, 0.04% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases. ... Mars' atmosphere however is 95% carbon dioxide, 3% nitrogen, 1.6% argon, and it has traces of oxygen, carbon monoxide, water, methane, and other gases, along with a lot of dust.)

IN MY BOOK, as you descend into the core of mars, the %s become more like earth.(Due to plants, and...other factors) 

Think of mars in my book as a giant green house if you would. The gasses trapped under mars surface, instead of the atmosphere like earth.

Thank you.

Let me know if you have any question. 

Toodles, 

xoxo

avery_J