Chapter 17

The three pack of teenagers stood shoulder to shoulder, minds ablaze at the vast colors of mars through the air lock window. Boe had checked them all down three times over. Every seal, every protocol checked off thrice due to sheer anxiety of the situation ahead of them.

Frankie, Boe and Byron were nervous as they realized that the teens were on a real life, heavy staked rescue mission. They were on mars, with no ability for help, stranded alone on a mission to find their sister.

Their infant sister.

She was the whole reason any of their parents found happiness again.

Frankie was stretching his limbs in the spacesuit. His tail itched and his body was alive with joy.

Neither boe or Byron had seen him in action and he was exited. The only person he was mission was Annie. Frankie's partner in crime.

***

Kii-ea stood bent over, hands on her knees in the center of the training grounds. Her whole body sore from hand to hand training when her cousin entered the room, interrupting her and Malaki. Both of who were sweating.

Zed and Hendrix on the sidelines watching the pair.

"Kii-ea.. they've landed.." Lex spoke.

Hendrix and zed were quick to their feet, all four parents looked to each other. The fear set it. Lex could sense their uncomfort lingering in the air. His shoulders sagged.

He didn't want his cousin to loose anyone else. He felt quilt fill him, for letting his nephews go.

Kii-ea was the first to move. She was out of the room before anyone could stop her. Followed shortly by the other three.

Lex was amazed with how without a single word the four parents all moved like a solid unit, even two years without Kii-ea and they still were so in sync. Kii-ea and Malaki were like one mind forged together as they stepped into the computer room in their house. Malaki setting up coms and kii-ea getting sat alight feed of mars.

Kii-ea and Malaki both stepped back at the same time to watch the screen load. The static noise filled the room as an image they had never seen before popped up.

"Holy shit.." Zed whispered at the screen.

"I second that.." Hendrix whispered.

On the screen was one boy ahead of the other two, the boy had his hands up and he was running in circles on the red planet. He was doing summer saults and jumping around. Kii-ea was nothing but smiles at the screen.

"I bet 300credits its Frankie.." She whispered back to the boys, her eyes still on the screen. Her motherly instincts were still there as she felt real fear in her body.

"You don't have to bet, we all know it is." Zed smirked with a laugh.

Coms connected at that second.

***

"But your not looking closely!" Frankie screamed as he did one more spin.

"Its so pretty! And the gravity! Its WOW!" Frankie was really exited and it was clear.

"Were on mars!" Frankie screamed as he took off.

Byron and boe both shocked at his speed.

"Wait!" Byron and boe yelled simultaneously.

"Boys.." The coms rang out. They all recognized their mother on the line. All three stood solid in their steps, frankie landing on his stomach mid front flip.