Chapter 16:

*Byron p.o.v*

I woke with sweat dripping down my face and a ticklish sensation to my ear. I went to swat whatever was tickling me when I realized Frankie had curled himself across both me and boe, and it was his tail swaying side to said tickling my face.

Whatever he was dreaming must have been interesting. I smirked.

Frankies face was between boe and I, his body in an X shape over the both of us. I chuckled lightly realizing he has not changed at all.

I peaked up to see boe looking at me.

"Im getting flashbacks to how we would wake up every morning.." Boe laughed to me. I nodded.

"Im just glad he hasn't changed." I smile.

"Im going to stay here awhile, are you getting up?" Boe asked, I nodded yes.

"I think I have to call mom now." I admit.

"Shes going to kill us when we get home.." I sigh out. Boe nods.

"Probably.." he laughed lightly.

Sneaking out from underneath Frankie's arm and leg he whimpers, breaking my heart. The noise draws my attention to a place my fifteen-year-old self is going to pretend did not get attention. Boes eyes meet mine and I realize he must be thinking the same.

Frankie wines more and whimpers a bit. But his whole-body sags into boe, his leg up and on boes stomach, his face curles into his neck and his arms pull boe closer.

"God hes just, so cute.." Boe admits with a hand on his face in agony. His other hand goes to Frankie's head and he plays with his ears slightly. I felt like I was falling in love with Frankie's all over again.

My little furry family. Im so glad were all together again. I walked over to the com system and started it up, as I had it off all night.

"This is Byron with the United nations, trying to reach kii-ea. Come in Kii-ea." I released my finger from the com system.

"BYRON!" Mom screamed over the unit. Making it screech. Any hope of Frankie sleeping was gone.

"SO HELP ME THE SECOND YOU GET BACK TO THIS PLANET I AM GOING TO WHOOP ALL OF YOU!" I couldn't help the smile on my face.

"It was my idea, Not Boes or Frankie's." I tell her.

"I know damn well you wouldn't be flying to mars if they didn't agree.." She sighs.

"Did you at least make sure you had enough fuel.." She asks.

"Yes."' I counter

"Food?" she asks tentatively.

"yes." I smile

"What about warmth? Space if cold." she starts again

"Yes." I counter again.

"Body suits?" Her voice is rising in octave and I can tell shes worried.

"Yes- I made sure they were modded for mars gravity." I try to reassure mom and she snot having it.

"What about-"

"Mom, I promise we have oxygen units for 3 weeks on the surface of mars, the solar panels on the roof for the emergency generator are good. We have food and water. Frankie and boe are sleeping fine.." I try to lower my voice to a whisper.

"Ok.. ok sorry.." she sounds sad.

"Sorry Byron, kikis just all worried about you all. Lex told us you all thought it out together. But I promise we know you are all more than capable." Papas voice cuts in.