Taehyung

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

I didn't think it would be this hard.

It's strange. Even though I'm out here, right in the public, in front of all these people...none of them seem to care. They hardly give me a second glance as they walk up and down the bridge. Each of them has their own place to go, their own lives to live. What do they care about mine?

But they used to care.

There used to be a time where people would notice me even if I tried my hardest to hide. Where it didn't matter that I wore a mask to hide my face or a hat to muddle my features. They all used to stare. They all used to know who I was.

Without me having to tell them myself.

Has it been that long? Have they forgotten our promise?

Have they forgotten me?

Staring out into the sea, I close my eyes and the crisp seaside air blows its way towards me. Sometimes I wish that I could fly away with that wind. That I could just escape on the drafts of the currents, have them whisk me away to someplace else.

Somewhere far from the noise.

As my phone buzzes violently inside my pocket for the 5th time today, I reluctantly pull it out, leaning against one of the many support beams to the Hangang bridge. Rolling my eyes, I look through Minhyuk's messages, making sure he knows I've left him on read. Sighing, I turn my phone on silent, pocketing it once more and turning back to the expanse waters of the sea.

Maybe I'm being unfair. I know it can't be easy for Minhyuk to deal with me...but I just couldn't stand it anymore. That stuffy room. The overabundance of cameras flashing in our faces. The consistent questions...It was too much.

It was too soon.

Swallowing hard, I consider just running away. I wonder what would happen if I just let it all go. If I forgot everything, every promise, every vow, every goal...if I just watched them fly away, just like the wind. Just like this spring breeze.

What would happen then?

"Ya! Get back in the car, are you crazy?! You'll be run over!" Startled, I turn around, wondering just what sort of commotion is happening on the bridge now. At this time of day, such busy streets and traffic aren't uncommon in Seoul, but what could possibly prompt someone to...

My eyes widening, I almost can't believe what I'm seeing.

A girl...is walking straight through the busy streets of Seoul.

Straight towards me.

She weaves through the traffic on the bridge, lugging a suitcase behind her. Even though the cars jam-packed on the bridge aren't moving due to the traffic, it's still mighty dangerous considering there's no stop sign and no warnings of a mental patient leaving a taxi in the middle of the road. I crinkle my brow, chuckling at the absurd sight. She bows apologetically to every car she walks past and doesn't seem to hear her taxi driver yelling behind her.