₃.₇

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

You try your best not to pout as you watch the kdrama, but it's hard when you have an idol right beside you unwilling to let you breathe for one damn second.

Glancing over at him, you wonder just why he chose this as his wish. Spending time with you isn't very special, and yet he seemed so ecstatic when you agreed to it. Smiling to yourself as you remember the large smile that bloomed on his face, you find it very hard to stay annoyed at him.

When he suddenly moves and lays on your lap, however, that small reprieve is quickly forgotten. His head warm and comforting against your legs, you swallow hard, begging the beating of your heart to calm itself in its excitement. Gazing down at him, your fingers itch to brush back his mischievous dark curls, and you probably would have, if not for those beautiful hazelnut eyes boring deep into your own. They're wide and innocent, as though searching for something you have hidden from him, or trying to confirm some hidden suspicion he's been trying to understand for a while now. After a moment, he turns back to the TV, as though nothing had happened, and you let out a breath you hadn't realized you'd been keeping in.

"I've noticed something." He murmurs, his voice vibrating through his chest and bouncing off of your legs.

"And what's that?"

"You've always called me by my real name, you've never called me 'V'." You flinch at the realization. It hadn't even crossed your mind that you were calling him informally. You just never felt the need to, it was so natural being around him, that you forgot he was your senior. Instead, he felt more like a friend. Inwardly, you wince, wondering if you've offended him.

"You're right, I'm sorry, I didn't even realize--" You begin to say, trying your best to redeem yourself, but he bolts up from your lap, turning to you and cutting you off.

"No! That's not what I meant." He nearly shouts, desperately trying to avoid a misunderstanding, and you wrinkle your brow, slightly confused. Clearing his throat, he leans back into the couch as if paying attention to the show would ease his conscience. "I guess I prefer it that way. It's like you've always seen me, not the idol on the outside."

Unsure of how to respond to that, you turn back to the TV as well, pulling your legs up to your chin and hugging them tightly. You don't know why, but the sentiment makes you a bit sad and somehow slightly touched. You were able to move him without even trying, you never thought that you were capable of that before. That you could affect someone else in that way. Smiling almost giddily, you bury your face in your blanket, trying your hardest to squash the newly blooming blossoms of affection but failing miserably.

Can you blame me? It's impossible to hate this man.

"I still can't believe you're watching Hwarang." He murmurs under his breath and you shrug, resting your cheek on the soft cushion of your arms around your legs.