Author's Note

.

.

.

This isn't a story about werewolves or vampires or mafia criminals wrapped up in games of love and chance. It isn't a story with fantasy, fairy tales or folklore. It isn't meant to make your heart pump with fear or course with desire. It's not filled sword fights and bloodshed or twisted men who kidnap and hide you away only to fall in love with you. It's not another high school romance or college attraction...

Maybe you wanted a thrilling story or a fantasy to escape and if that's what you came for I'm sorry, that's not what this story is about.  

Because this story is about you. 

A story built on chance and fateful encounters, love and heartbreak, pain and emotion. This is a story made for anyone who ever once felt alone. 

Useless. 

Broken. 

A story meant to show you that you're not alone, that there are those who feel the same way every day, that everyone has pain...even if it's different from the other. Maybe you felt you weren't worth it. Maybe you felt that you were lost. Maybe you didn't think it was a big deal. Maybe you told yourself others have been through worse. 

But we all have pain no matter how big and small, what's different is how you choose to live because of it. 

So if you still don't want to read then I understand, and you can skip right over this book amongst thousands of others, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. 

But if this is what you need...then come right in. The doors are always open to anyone searching...

For a place to call home. 

.

.

.

1 . 5 . 21

Maple