Yoongi

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

She's here.

I finally got to see her again.

So why?

Why do I still feel empty?

She waits in front of my apartment building, her back pressed up against the wall. She looks up at the stars, her eyes glittering, a faint smile on her face. Even now, she looks beautiful.

Why, even after all she's done, can't I find it in myself to hate her?

As she hears my footsteps drawing closer, she turns around to me, her smile growing into a broad grin.

Filled with the rest of her lies.

"Yoongi!" She barrels into my arms, knocking me back a bit. I remain still, unwilling to let myself give in to her touch. If I do I may forget everything she has done. She nestles into my chest, her grin spreading. "You're finally home."

I wince and swallow the lump in my throat.

Does this truly make you happy?

Where was this when I was away?

Sighing, I press my hand against her shoulder, pushing her off of me. Surprised, she looks up at me, her eyes wide and confused. I find that I can't manage to show one ounce of hatred towards her when those eyes are locked with mine. Large doe eyes, filled with compassion and love.

A farce of the sovereign making.

"What's wrong?" she mumbles, pouting as though that would make me happy. As though anything she can do will make me happy. I swallow hard, looking away.

How can she pretend like everything is alright?

"Go home," I murmur, half to myself. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see it as her face crumbles.

"W-what are you talking about?" I don't answer her, just turn away and brush past her. "Yoongi!"

She takes a hold of my arm, stopping me in my tracks. I freeze, staring blankly ahead and trying to ignore the pain my heart gives me at the sight of her distress.

"Please talk to me, what happened? What did I do wrong?"

The question makes me wince, and I have to close my eyes, my jaw setting firmly. Does she really not know? Has she forgotten what she has done to hurt me?

To break my trust?

"You tell me," I mumble, snatching my arm out of her grasp.

"How did it feel?" glancing at her over my shoulder, I almost laugh at the sight of her eyes welling with unspoken tears.

"How did it feel to be with him?"

Her face goes blank as she realizes I know. She withdraws from me, the lie now revealed.