Jin

pps: all bolded text from this moment forward will mean that they are speaking in English

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

"Mr. Kim!"

Absentmindedly I turn to the staff members escorting me to the plane. Even though I'm technically not Jin of BTS anymore, nor would I be for the next few years, I can see that they still consider me by that title. Scoffing to myself at the thought, I'm lucky that I have a mask on.

I do not particularly want to fake a smile today.

Dutifully, I follow them from the gate and towards the baggage claim.

Just coming from our last concert, the members agreed it'd be better for us to come home separately. This time, we didn't want to deal with a crowd. We didn't want the pressures of being an idol when we were being forced to say goodbye.

It would have been too much at once.

Too hard to handle.

Absentmindedly, I observe the people around me. All too wrapped up in their own lives, their own problems, and responsibilities that they haven't noticed an idol standing in their midst. I want to laugh bitterly at myself, at the impossible situation, but I'm not given much of a chance too.

After all, that's the moment.

That's when I see her.

She's rushing through the airport haphazardly. Her hair a mess and dark circles prominent under her eyes, her clothes in a disarray. Along with her, she lugs a large carry-on bag and a knapsack spilling with papers and pencils. She frantically tries to stuff them back in as she hurries through the airport, and though it saves her belongings from falling to the floor, it doesn't really work in putting them back where they belong.

If one were to look at her at first glance they would think her to be an eccentric professor of some sort.

For me, she catches my eye as a form of entertainment.

A silver lining on my dampening day.

And she's a welcome change.

I watch her as she answers a call on her phone, doing a small dance as she tries to catch a journal that has escaped the cage of her knapsack. I smirk at the exchange, surprised at myself.

I thought I didn't want to smile today.

"Yes, I know I'm late." She succeeds in obtaining the journal, pausing for a mere moment to let out a relieved breath. "How was I supposed to know the bathrooms were on the other side of the airport?! Plus the line was so ridiculously long, I was seriously considering using the men's." Not even bothering to pocket the journal, she starts walking in a zigzag line as she avoids passerby's and onlookers. "No, I'm not giving excuses, I'm on my way! Geez, you act like you're the one leaving, I'm the one in danger of missing my flight!"