₅.₈

a little request, listen to DPR IAN's track, "Ballroom Extravaganza" while reading this

a little request, listen to DPR IAN's track, "Ballroom Extravaganza" while reading this...it adds a whole new experience

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

When Taehyung heard she had been in the studio all day, he wasn't sure what to expect when he arrived. A part of him was hesitant, afraid to find her in the same condition Jin saw her in that day. Another part of him, the more reasonable part, expects to find her amid practice, perhaps rehearsing a move or in the midst of a run-through.

What he didn't expect was to walk in on a string of colorful curses being released as Yen stumbles for the tenth time and falls to the floor.

"Whoa!" Dropping his bag, he hurries to her side. "Are you okay?"

Yen gives him an incredulous look before accepting his outstretched hand and allowing him to help her up. It's clear she's annoyed more than she is tired or injured, and by now Taehyung has learned when to keep his mouth shut around her.

For example, he will not be teasing her about the fact that she looks like a frustrated chipmunk with her lips pouted that way.

"I'm fine," you answer his earlier question, and once you stand, you pull away running your hands through your hair. "I've just been having some trouble."

"With the dance?"

Ignoring the urge to snap at him for the stupid question, you turn away, shaking your head hopelessly.

"Amongst other things..."

Taehyung watches you in concern as you walk over to your pile of things and snatch your water to take a quick gulp. It's clear you're bothered, and with the performance quite literally right around the corner, Taehyung would be surprised if you weren't.

"It's in less than two weeks and I can't get this move down." The stress piles up even as you think about it, and you have to fight the urge to take the bottle you're holding and hurl it across the room. As though making a mess would somehow make the mess of your life less significant. "Plus, Jimin won't get off my case about it and it's supposed to be this 'pivotal' part, but now that it's so close, no one has time to help me or even attend our training sessions!"

Taehyung can't help but smile inwardly at the animated way she rants and smiles adoringly as she quite literally flops herself on the floor, almost like she were a lifeless rag doll. But when he sees the shining glisten of tears near to break free, his heart experiences a sharp pain at the sight of her struggle.

"I knew it could be difficult, but I didn't think I'd be walking blind."

Even your voice wavers as your frustration reaches a new climax and you find that if you say one more word, you may not even find it within you to keep yourself from breaking down.