Jimin

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

It's funny.

I used to look at her and be happy. I thought I was so lucky to have finally found someone like her. Now that I think about it, I can't recall when I first realized everything was a lie.

Was it when she stopped answering my calls?

Was it when she only asked to ever go to places where I'd have to pay? Was it when our messages became full of things I could buy for her?

Was it the moment I realized her fascination with Taehyung?

Was it the time I saw her walking out of her apartment with a man who wasn't me?

I tilt my head, narrowing my eyes as she takes another bite of her cake.

Now when I look at her I can only see deception. I don't feel anything, I don't feel any desire to be around her. If this was the case, then why did I stay by her side for so long? Why did I put myself through the pain of needing love, but only receiving a lie? Trapped in a mess of my own making, why did I think I could live like this?

"You deserve better."

I take a deep breath as I remember the words Jocelynn said to me the other night. They give me strength, remind me that this is the right thing to do. They reassure me that I'll be alright, that there's nothing to be afraid of.

After all, my happiness is the most important thing.

The woman across from me scoffs as she grows tired of the incessant staring. She fixes me with a cold glare, licking some frosting off of her lips.

"God, Jimin what is it?"

I don't feel upset at her tone, or the way she treats me. It's as though I'm completely numb to it by now. Sooji isn't one to beat around the bush, but she knows how to twist and manipulate things to fit her best perspective. I'll admit it, she is good at what she does, that's for sure.

"Do you love me?"

At the question I can see her eyes visibly widen, the fork dropping from her fingers and onto the half-eaten plate. Amused, I inwardly scoff.

Really, you can do better than that Sooji, I thought you were good at pretending.

She chuckles to herself as she regains her composure, playing off the shock by reaching for her napkin and dabbing at the corners of her mouth.

"Of course I love you. What kind of a ridiculous question is that?"

I narrow my eyes at the response.

"Really," I murmur, leaning forward in my chair.

It was such a ridiculous question, that you had to fumble for an answer.