₆.₁

TW :: mentions of r*pe, assault, and graphic imagery and descriptions of those things

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

"This is unacceptable!"

BangPD sighs as Jiwon storms into his office, slamming a newspaper magazine onto his desk, the same pictures that have been circling the internet for the past few days now plastered beautifully in fine print and sleek sheets. Swallowing hard, he gives Mrs. Kwon a look from where she waits at the opening of the door. At his nod, she turns and closes the door behind her, leaving the two men alone to talk.

The founder of the company, and his successor.

"The woman is her mother?"

BangPD doesn't have to ask to know who he's referring to. It's written all over his face, his fury, and his sense of betrayal. Sihyuk knows why he's so upset, and what this reveal means. Not only for the company but for Yen herself.

But whatever fury Jiwon has let loose, BangPD has just as much written into the very fiber of his being behind his calm collected stare.

"Do you know how detrimental this could be for this girl's career?"

Running his hand over his face, Bang Sihyuk shakes his head.

"Of course I do." Turning to the article written in bright bold letters on the magazine cover, his anger only growing by the minute, he picks it up. "I thought I had requested for the article to be shelved. We have an agreement with Dispatch, but I didn't expect another low-level company to release it on their own accord."

The entire situation is infuriating, and Sihyuk knows he's at fault. He should've speculated that their hold on the media was slipping, as it has been ever since the incident with Taehyung's first live back, and the continued incidents involving Yen have only made it worse. Where they used to fear the wrath of the company, they now almost welcome it, just so they can expose a group that has long gone untouched. He should've known that an unheard-of news source would take such a big story and run with it, after all, what do they have to lose?

Sihyuk can understand that mentality all too well.

"Of course, you didn't." Jiwon snarls exasperated as he spins on his heel away from Sihyuk's desk. "Did you even think at all?! God, Sihyuk, what did you expect to happen?"

Something in the way Jiwon said the phrase, almost as though he were chastising a child, sets off a switch inside Bang Sihyuk. Almost as though he were powerless, his authority meant nothing in the presence of the man who took his company away. Regarding him with a cold stare, Sihyuk stands, staring the young man before him down.

He can take many things, he can accept that Jiwon is a better CEO than he was and that he can make the hard decisions he can't. He can accept that he now holds authority over his company and that he is the one responsible for the building he built from the ground up.