₅.₅

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

Jimin has been waiting for a half hour.

It's not that she isn't home, or that she told him to wait, it's not even that he's scared to see her. In fact, he's not scared at all.

He thought he would be.

Scared of her reaction, and paranoid of who could be watching, he feels none of those things. And even if he did, they're so overwhelmingly drowned out by his tantalizing guilt.

This is all his fault.

He knew the risk and despite her effort to prevent him, he kept pushing and pushing. He wanted, for once in his life to be selfish, to have something he didn't need to share with the world.

A chance for something real.

And he got it, but at what cost?

He looks out the window, at her small home, the trees around shedding faded leaves of red-golden brown, her garden decadent and dying, and yet everything manages to feel comforting and whole, the very epitome of a home. And as Jocelynn tends to her garden, in peaceful tranquility, Jimin watches from a distance, his heart craving to be by her side.

And at that moment, he notices that the reason it's home is because it reflects her. Her gentle nature, her generosity, and her love. Unrelenting and steadfast, she is like the season and the winds of change, neverending and unfailing, a rock throughout the storm.

Jimin cannot tear apart her foundation, he cannot bear to be the reason she falls apart. He knows this almost as well as he knows he cares for her. As well as he knows he needs to see her, just one last time, even if it is to say goodbye.

And perhaps this is why he hesitates.

Because if his guilt lingers then that means they have more time, more moments that he can still hold her dear, albeit far.

But moments are fleeting and he knows he cannot wait forever, for he cannot risk the pain that will come, and he cannot bear for her to hold on to something that will no longer be there. So when he walks up to her, he holds his heart in his hands, and his resolve unshaken. But when those gorgeous green eyes meet him, he can feel the lump in his throat grow as the familiar adrenaline rush grips him in the chaos of the storm.

How can he say goodbye to his whole world?

"Hi." He says meekly as he reaches her fence where she leans over, the fragile leaves in her garden swaying slightly in the breeze. She smiles, making his devastation and happiness increase by the minute. Two conflicting emotions battling for the upper hand in his decision.

Poking his nose playfully, she manages to get a small smile out of him as he flinches back, protecting his nose from any further attacks. "Where's your mask, young man? I thought you were going to be more careful when you came around here."