₅.₉

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

When Namjoon ordered that today you weren't supposed to do anything other than rest, and the rest of BTS exuberantly repeated that same order, you rationalized it to last in a few-hour timeframe.

That's why you find yourself waiting patiently for your order in your favorite cafe.

When you first stumbled upon it, you were immediately attracted by the homey decor, the way the windows are set so that the light beams attractively, the plants they hang from the ceiling, vines draping over counters, and across the paintings they've hung up. But perhaps the more important trait this cafe has is the way it comforts you. It's a safe space to you, a place where no one knows you, where you can unwind and just bask in the presence of existing, without anything else weighing you down. Almost like a breath of fresh air after a tantalizing storm.

So when you accept your drinks, turning on your heel, and bumping into the person walking behind you, you think your annoyance is justified. Even if it may be at yourself more than your victim.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so--" But when you catch sight of his face, you wonder if you're allowed to be even a little bit satisfied at the collision, despite the bitter taste of disgust that starts to turn violently in your stomach.

"Yen?"

You had forgotten the way your name sounded on Alex's tongue. You wonder when the moment was that you grew to despise the way it sounded from his lips. Was it when he betrayed you? Or did it begin before that, before you even realized you were falling out of love?

"Goddammit, why is it always coffee?"

◃⊱◐⊰▸

He's been dabbing at his stain for the past ten minutes. You've already received a replacement cup for your spilled drink, and have finished half of your boba in that amount of time, your annoyance quickly peaking into frustration.

"You're going to need to wash it." You snap as he snatches the millionth napkin from its holder, and he rolls his eyes, continuing the process.

"It seems so, doesn't it?"

And yet, you're still dabbing at it like an idiot.

You sigh at his intended ignorance towards your advice, folding your arms and leaning back in your chair. If he doesn't want to listen to you, that's fine, but you don't see why you should have to pay for his drinks if he doesn't have to be a decent human being.

"Why do you even have coffee?" Alex snaps himself, throwing down the napkin in his ever-growing pile, in his own frustration. "You loathe how bitter it is."

"Because it wasn't for me."

He looks up at you at the statement, clear embarrassment beginning to turn his cheeks a darker hue before he looks away, trying to hide how the statement hurt him.