₀.₂

⁕|<~0~>|⁕

⁕|<~0~>|⁕

As the car pulls up in front of the apartment complex, you wake.

Lifting your head, you open your eyes slowly, squinting through the tinted windows of the cab.

On the other side lies an empty courtyard, a few benches located on the sides of a cobblestone pathway. Small pieces of foliage are scattered around the apartment complex making it look almost as though it were a hidden utopia.

It's simple...but serene.

Smiling softly, you open the door, thanking the driver after you've taken all of your luggage out of the car. He bows his head to you, thanking you for the generous tip you gave him earlier. You shrug a bit sheepishly, deciding not to tell him that you gave him too much, not exactly knowing how much won is worth.

After you say goodbye, and step away, he drives away. As the tinted windows pass you by, you catch a glimpse of your reflection, the beret resting securely on your head.

You're lucky your outfit is similar to his, so the beret fits perfectly.

You wear a turtleneck, except that yours isn't so tight. It's baggy and is securely tucked into your tan skirt. You have snug comfortable boots along with comfortable leggings underneath. On top of it all, you wear a fuzz lined trench coat.

Raising your hand, you touch it, smirking at the soft assurance that he wasn't a dream.

Smoothing down your skirt, you turn to the apartment complex.

Taking a deep breath, you recall the last time you were here.

A face flashing to your mind at the memory, you swallow hard, clenching your eyes tight as though to ease the pain in your chest.

It's okay.

Everything is going to be okay.

Letting out another sigh, you pull your luggage over to the side, where a small bench is located, and sit down, texting Jaejin.

I'm here, should I just go in?

After you send the message, you put your phone away, and take a deep breath, closing your eyes to try and clear your mind with the smell of evening air.

You've always preferred night over day.

The sun is already beginning to set and as its warm glow passes over your face, you raise your eyes slowly to the scene. You smile, enjoying how the mixed colors of red, orange, and yellow begin to change the world around you.

However, the annoying vibration of your phone interrupts your tranquility and you pull it out once more.

It's from Jae.