₀.₅

⁕|<~0~>|⁕

⁕|<~0~>|⁕

You hate alarms.

As incessant screeching breaks it's way into your blissful darkness of sleep, your hatred is only justified.

Poking your head out of the cocoon of your blankets, you glare out into the world, trying to pinpoint where the sound is coming from. You squint, the faint light outside almost burning your eyes off.

Trying to untangle yourself from the mess of blankets, you blindly reach for the little clock on the table beside your bed, hoping to turn off the screeching. Annoyed, you place your hand on the edge of the mattress to steady yourself as you reach for the alarm clock. Straining, your arms too small to wrap your hands around the cursed device, you inch forward just a bit more, but lose your balance. Your hand slips off the mattress, and with a sharp cry, you fall to the floor in a tangle of sheets and blankets.

Lying on the floor, you groan, the alarm giving you a migraine. Turning your head, you reach for the alarm cord, giving it a hard tug. With the plug out of the socket, it switches off.

Sighing in relief, you let go of the plug and close your eyes.

However, as you hear a small commotion above you, you open your eyes. They widen, catching a glimpse of the alarm falling towards you just seconds before it hits you smack in the forehead.

"Ow!" you hiss, angrily tossing it aside, and glaring at it sideways.

When it doesn't do anything more, you turn away, staring at the dim lights above you that Mijeong set up for you.

For a moment, that's just a small truth in the back of your mind, and you can't remember when Miji would have done that for you.

Isn't she in Korea? And you...

Your brain still clouded with the heavy mask of sleep, you can't remember where you are.

As you rise to your feet, you spy your suitcase open in the closet, clothes spilling out.

As you stare at the strange room, everything slowly comes back to you.

Almost like a sudden bomb, the reality of your situation pummels your heart as though you were drowning. Everything that's happened these past few weeks starts replaying itself, unwanted, in your mind.

Overwhelmed, you freeze with paralyzing terror.

Inside, you are telling yourself to ignore it. To move on, that nothing is wrong.

But once the thoughts enter your mind, they're unable to stop.

You remember everything.

Everything you have tried to hide.

Sighing, suddenly exhausted all over again, you pick up the alarm clock which is now slightly cracked. You give it an almost disappointed look before setting it back on the dresser.