₄.₉

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

When the world is against you, and you find yourself attached to the wrong person, what is it that you do? How can you let go of someone who saved you, how can you let go of a future where you know you'll be happy? Why is love so hard, and why is it that when we find it, we always seem to let it go?

Jocelynn doesn't think this is love.

She prays to God that it isn't, and even if it is, she hopes that it disappears almost as soon as it materialized within her heart. She understands the consequences, the pain, and the uncertainty that will follow. She warned herself not to get attached, she knew it was foolish to hope for something that does not exist.

She thought she had put it all behind her.

But that's the thing.

She thought.

Which is why when she opens her front door to see Jimin pacing outside of it, her heart jumps to her throat, and she goes still, her entire being screaming at her to stay by his side, to run to him and hold him tightly, and never ever let go. For a second, just a second, she ignores the fact that she is not supposed to love him, that he is not supposed to be hers. She wants to ignore everything holding her back, and the insecurities and regret she knows will follow.

But it is only a second.

And that is a second Jocelynn cannot afford to lose.

"I was going to knock, I was," Jimin says, frantically rushing, scrambling for a reason to explain himself, Jocelynn can see it almost as though there were a hurricane scattering his mind. In normal circumstances, she may have laughed, but this is not a normal circumstance, and she is trying to keep her distance.

She is trying to protect her heart.

"What are you doing here, Jimin?" she sighs, avoiding his eyes if only to ignore the obvious crestfallen look that appears at her dismissal. If she saw him in that state, her resolve would be broken and she would give in and let herself believe in the lie, only for her heart to be shattered at his disposal.

"I wanted to talk to you." He explains, swallowing hard and clenching his hands at his sides to hide the fact that he is shaking.

He couldn't sleep.

Throughout the night, he couldn't get her out of his head. He couldn't forget the words that Yen had said to him. He doesn't know if she was right, or if she was mistaking affection for love, or perhaps even attraction, but he does not care to differentiate between them as of right now. All he knows is that he would not be able to rest until he saw Jocelynn again. Until he could look into those green eyes and be able to tell what he needed, what he wanted from her.

But as he stands there, he realizes that he doesn't need nor want much.

For as long as he is next to her, he will be happy for the rest of his life.