₄.₂

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

⋄⋱∞◃⊱◐⊰▸∞⋰⋄

If I'd known they would be here I wouldn't have come.

As your eyes meet Taehyung's from across the room, you immediately look away, your hands tightening at your sides.

When Jin and Jhope invited you, they were very vague about who would be there, almost as though they knew you were avoiding someone. Narrowing your eyes at the pair, you can tell that this was a perfectly planned attack. One which all of the members were privy to, except the two aggressors involved.

While it unnerves you that you're so easy to read, you suppose that it's no surprise considering the way you've been acting the past few days. When you refuse to see your mentor it sort of indicates that something has gone wrong. Jin has had to step in as your vocal trainer, that's how bad it's gotten.

Sighing, you tear your gaze away without even acknowledging Taehyung's existence and almost hide behind Jojo, as if that would just erase the entire situation and wipe the slate clean.

Jojo was invited along with you and luckily seems to be the only person unaware of the situation. Inwardly, you wish you could have remained oblivious as well. If only to erase the sense of betrayal you now feel deep within your gut.

"Look who decided to show up," Jimin pipes, smiling as he hugs both Jin and Jhope in turn. "We were beginning to think you'd never come."

Jin chuckles before indicating towards the two of you. "Yeah, well, we picked up two strays. Thought they'd enjoy a little celebration themselves."

"Plus we haven't really gotten a chance to talk to Yen," Jhope adds, sending you one of his many dazzling smiles. You can't help but return it, it's so contagious. "It's time we got to know our little cadet, don't you think?"

Before you can react, Jojo links her arm with yours and pulls you away from the happy-go-lucky specimen. "Speak for yourself, Mr. Jung. Some of us are gifted enough to know her company."

You laugh at her statement, and when she pulls you closer, you cling to her arm, following through with the act.

"Come on! Please, no formalities. We're not in the office, after all." Jimin groans, pulling on Jojo's arm as he guides her to the table they have selected. You chuckle as she's separated from you mouthing, Help Me, in desperation.

"Someone's in a good mood." Jin comments, a fond smile playing on his lips at the encounter. Jimin rolls his eyes, ignoring him as he seats Jojo next to Namjoon, who's already downing the next glass of soju.