₀.₁

⁕|<~0~>|⁕

⁕|<~0~>|⁕

All of our lives we search for something. Something to fill the void, something to give our life meaning. The reason is different for everyone, but it's always there. Throughout history, throughout life, it is a constant, humanity developing and growing as they try to find a reason for life, a reason why they continue to breathe, why they are here.

You used to know your reason, your purpose.

You had a goal, dreams, a life ready to take off in your direction.

Then, everything was broken.

Was it your fault?

Was it his?

Thinking back, however, things have always been broken.

And you...you have never been whole.

Suddenly, your phone buzzes from where it rests in your pocket, and you jump, smiling bitterly. These days it's getting harder and harder to breathe. When you turn it on, however, your smile fades as you notice the picture on your lock screen.

Just how wrong have you been?

How much of it was a lie?

How much of it was true?

Eyes stinging, you quickly press your finger on the home button, the picture fading away.

Hopefully, your memories will soon do the same.

Moving on, you ignore the notification, turning on the silent mode. You aren't ready to talk to them.

Not yet.

Swallowing the bitter taste that rises in the back of your throat, you let out a shaky breath.

You can't afford to be afraid.

You chose this.

There's no going back now.

Almost against your will, you crush your boarding pass in your hands, heart pounding due to the adrenaline. Biting your bottom lip, you look down at the two words which have turned your world upside down.

Seoul, Korea.

You had never even thought of living in Korea. You thought that the country would stay what it was. A slight dream of yours, a destination for a vacation, someplace for you to admire from afar.

You never thought you would call it home.

You wonder if this is all your fault.

Would this have happened if you weren't you?

Would this have happened if you weren't broken?

If you weren't so hard to handle?

Once more, you're thinking too much.