Chapter 23

" You asked for me Luna?"

" Yes, Cara please come in." She enters inside and closes the door, before sitting on the opposite side of me.

I'm currently in mine and Mica's home office because I had a few things to do before I left, for my old pack. Today was the day that I would finally see my father, after what happened that night in that forest.

I haven't been able to erase that night from my mind and once I see my father's eyes connect with mine, it is only then, I shall feel that sense of relief. I wanted so badly for things to turn differently but the end results, gave me the greatest panic.

Seeing him again has been long overdue but I don't regret, waiting for just a little bit because I had more time to bond with my little one and nurse her. In these past weeks, I have had the greatest pleasure of being a mother and I am still learning.

It is the most fulfilling yet sometimes exhausting with the long hours kind of thing, but I have no regrets because I get to be a witness, to my little Butterfly growing up.

I know that I should have gone much earlier, right after Mica and Ulana left, but I needed to do something first.

" There's something I've been meaning to do and looking for the right time, seemed to not work, that's why, I chose right now to do it." I say, digging into the side drawer.

I take out the rectangular velvet box and push it towards her.

At first, she doesn't say anything but curiously takes the box and open it. It is only then I receive a reaction from her and it is a small gasp, before she starts glancing between the gift and me.

" Luna, is this for me?" She asks uncertain.

I nod my yes.

" I-I can't take this Luna, I-I'm sorry." She says nervously, pushing it back to me but I stop her.

" Cara, to me, you are my family and I have every right to spoil my family anytime I want. Don't take that right away from me." I say.

She lets out a resigned sigh after hesitating and nods.

A smile takes over, knowing that she has accepted my gift.

Cara has always been by my side and she has always been so loyal to me, she has never complained or asked anything of me. Cara's heart has always been in the right place and she has always been appreciative for everything she has, but in my eyes, she deserves to be spoilt and treated like a princess.

I meant what I just said to her, I consider her family to me. She is important to me and I never want her to ever think she is just my right hand, because to me, she is like the sister I never had.

I continue speaking, this time as I rise to my feet and walk over to her side. " For so many years, you've always been by my side, you've been my most loyal and your care for me, is what I've held dear to my heart. I want to thank you right now on your loyalty, your friendship and your heart for me and my family.

Thank you for being here for me when I've needed someone the most. Thank you for being you and showing me true sisterhood." I put the bracelet around her wrist before taking her hand and kissing the back of it.

" Cara,  I never want you, for a moment, to ever think that I never think of you or - "

I let out a gasp of surprise when she takes my hand and places it against her cheek. " Never Luna, I could never think that."

" You are more then my Luna, you are the one I look up to and the one I trust the most, along with my mate. You have saved my life so many times but that day, when you intervened and defended me against that sick man, I knew then, that my trust in you, would never have doubts.