Chapter 8.

I take a breath, standing outside the door. My father is on the otherside. He had not been in his right mind the first time and we haven't spoken then. Now he is awake and in right mind,  well for now.

The door opens before I can open it, my nana stands infront of me.

" I'll go look for a change of clothes." She says, giving me a nod before walking past me.

I enter into the room and then I meet my father's eyes.

" Papa..." I breathe out.

His eyes widen a stretch as he looks me all over, his lips part and he grows more paler than previously.

" Catherine?" He chokes on my name.

" Yes papa, it's me." I say in a low tone, my voice thick with emotion and eyes heavy with threatening tears,  pricking at the corners of my eyes.

His eyes well up as a look of disbelief takes over his face.

I take a step closer but still space remains between us. I don't want to overwhelm him.  When he doesn't say anything, I take another and another until I am close enough for contact.

" May I?" I point to the empty space next to his legs.

He nods slowly, his eyes not able to tear away from me. I take a seat and for awhile we just look at each other. He suddenly takes one of my hands and places it against his cheek, his eyes close and a strangled cry slips out, while a tear trails down his face.

" You're here, it's no longer a dream.  My flower, she's still breathing and alive." He whispers.

Tears stream down my face as I watch him.

" Papa." His eyes snap open and before I know it, he pulls me into his arms. " Papa I am here." I whisper in his ear.

His hold might be tight but I don't mind, everything about this moment is so surreal and he needs to believe, that all is real and not a dream.

" Papa it's okay. It's okay. You're free and my baby is too."

He pulls back to look at me. " Baby?" A confused look plays at his features.

" Papa, you've been gone for too long now."  I say, changing the direction of topic as I sense mentioning Ulana, may be too soon.

" I can see that too." He says.

" I missed you papa." I tell him.

He takes my hand and kisses it, a hint of a smile playing on his lips.

" You don't know how long I've been wishing to see you again, to see my little flower again. But I see that she is all grown up now. Tell me, are you happy?"

I smile at the question.

" I am papa, I found my mate, well he found me."

" Really? - Is he good to you, is he treating you right?"

" He treats me like I am the center of his world."

' You are the center of my world." Mica's voice comes through the mindlink, making my face to heat up.

I quickly avert my eyes to my lap, trying to hide the blush on my face. I can't believe that I had forgotten to put up a wall.

" Well you are the king of my heart." I quickly put up a wall before he can respond and tease me any further.

" Catherine, your face has gone red, are you okay?" My father asks with concern in his eyes.

" Yes papa, I was just thinking about something. There is something you should know papa."