Chapter 35

" There's nothing wrong with my hearing." I mumble, pulling back from her.

" No." She says, placing my hand back to where it was.

I am brought back to the sight of this man, I now have learnt is Michael and not who I thought he was, Elder Thomas. I am confused and taken aback by all of this, but still I hold in all questioning, deciding to watch.

He sits down next to my frame and remove his head cover, before he reaches out his hand to my face but within reach, he suddenly stops. It's like he's always presented himself before us, his white almost silver like hair is tied back and kept very neat. One would think he has short hair.

" For decades, I've waited for this moment, you never made it easy." I hear him say, pulling back his hand to his lap.

I can sense that the feeling is not mutual with Niana. The tension is obvious, for the first time she is letting me in on what she truly feels, not in us as a joined force, but she alone.

" I should have known that you would be specific in your choosing. A wise decision you made sister. She truly is like never seen before, she resembles your personality as if it was fated." He let's out a chuckle at the end.

He tries again to touch me but he withdraws. Something is holding him back, not Niana but within himself.

" It was said that I'd never see you again but you made it possible. You opened a door sister and now I vow, to never miss your presence. No one -" he suddenly jumps to his feet and quickly covers his hair and face.

" This isn't our last meeting, never." He says before someone enters.

I don't get to see the rest of what happens because Niana pulls her hand from under mine. I have to blink a couple of times, in order for my vision to clear once again. In time, I notice the troubled expression upon her face as she looks at me.

" I heard right, you told me so." I speak up, not being able to bear the silence.

I need answers, there's too much hidden, weighing heavily in the atmosphere.

" Yes."

" What is all this then, you know that I can't look the other way and act oblivious, when I heard and saw everything." I tell her straight, making it no secret that I will not let her get away, with keeping things from me anymore.

That time has passed.

" I don't have the right to withhold anymore then I already have."

" Then speak, I'm ready to hear."

The troubled look is replaced by deep concern. What she has been keeping from me has truly burdened her and now to reveal everything to me, is like laying all her cards on the table in front of me. It isn't easy, I should understand but the urge to know, presses me to push her to speak.

I've gone through my journey with applying patience in each step I've taken yet now, impatience has gripped ahold of me.

" Don't hate me." The plea is unmistakenable.

I don't respond but continue staring at her.

" I have been selfish, in every way, all because I couldn't watch my beloved to be taken away from me again."

Beloved?

She turns away from me before I can ask her.

" It's best you sit down Catherine, what I'm about to tell you, might bring you to your knees."