Chapter 13.

3 DAYS LATER.....

My little butterfly.

She is so precious and a sight not to be ignored. We had taken her home this morning and my heart was jumping with joy when we finally left the hospital.

No more negativity or evil lurks around her, her innocence and goodness remains dominant. She has won the hearts of many of the nurses and doctors, I haven't seen anyone leaving without a smile on their faces.

When our eyes met for the first time during her time at the hospital, I nearly broke down. We had not been granted access to hold her then and the sight of her in that incubator broke my heart. I felt helpless and all the more guilty for her being in there. Leaving her at the hospital for those nights, was the hardest and I could barely sleep.

The hardest thing for a parent, is to be away from their child, you find yourself sleeping with worry, every minute torturous and certain thoughts taunting you and making you worry even more. The nights seemed longer and the time permitted for visitation seemed shorter. Yes, as parents we had more advantage of longer visits, but for me, it wasn't enough.

Those days weren't enough for my time with my baby.

I could see that it also bothered Mica and he had two of our warriors, along with Evan, take turns to watch over her. Her abduction was a big hit to us as her parents, her being away from us tortured us and he didn't want to take chances anymore. I didn't say anything all this time and let him, have his way.

Today, coming back to my grandmother's house with our Ulana, was the happiest I've ever been. It feels just right to have her in my arms.

Ulana's return has not only filled us with happiness but it has brought light and hope, to our pack as well. The news of her being found couldn't stay hidden for too long and therefore, the pack was rather eager to finally meet her.

The opportunity had been taken from them before, but this time there was simply no round two of that. We would leave for home tomorrow, we have claimed today however as a day of rest for us. We needed just a moment, to breathe and bask in the feeling of being in a quiet setting, with our Ulana, to cherish and let it really sink in, that we are that little girl's parents and that she is safe in our arms.

Since it is our last day today at my grandmother's house, nana wanted to make a special dinner for all of us. She wanted it to be a celebratory moment for having our Ulana with us. Everyone else has returned home and Cara is one of the people, who I had to convince that it was okay to leave me here. I know that she felt the need to be here and be available if I needed help with something.

After a while, I convinced her that we would be okay and we are. It was mid afternoon and I was just returning with nana from our walk, both she and Mica thought I needed it. We spent most of the time of our walk in silence, just simply releasing all tension from the past few days.

I can remember when I was young and I would take afternoon walks with my grandmother, she would describe such moments as us appreciating nature, in her way, she wanted me to return home relieved off any stress or tension. Till today, such walks still help me immensely and today is no different.

The walk however didn't take long because I already missed my baby and, I wanted to return to her soon. So here I am, back and ready to have her in my arms.

" Can't get there fast enough is it?" My grandmother's voice stops me.

My face warms up as I turn around to face her. I realize that I had left her behind, being lost in the thought of my baby.

"Sorry nana, I just -"

She smirks at me. " Dear, I was far worse, I literally ran up the stairs once, leaving your granpapa behind and it was date night. He was so red on the face with jealousy, I thought his head would burst."