Chapter 32

" It is the third and final day my love and it will all be over. I am not you Mica but I am your other half, with this, a part of you stood with me infront of all those alphas and we said our piece. I wasn't alone." I say, speaking to his framed picture as my finger touches the glass.

A shaky breath slips out as I bring the picture to my lips. My eyes close and I take a moment, being in need of a bit of calmness, in order to get out of the room.

It's in the morning and I am yet to join everyone for breakfast.

Thankfully today is the final day and everything is coming to a conclusion, I am more than ready to sleep in mine and Mica's bed again and to spend time in my baby's room, but what I am hesitant about, is all that awaits me. The decision making.

I am yet to go and finally see the bodies of my mate and baby, the body remains. I need to start preparations for their send off and the after, which still, may take a toll on me.

I can't even admit that I am tired because it will feel like I am abandoning, my responsibility towards my family.

Hurting is honestly exhausting, this I can't even lie about.

My family comes first and I will do everything possible, to give them the best send off. A respective and honour worthy kind.

" I love you." I say against the picture before putting it aside.

Meaning to finally get on my feet and leave the room, the sound of my cellphone ringing interrupts me.

" Greetings nana."

" Catherine, did you sleep well."

" Hmm." That's all the response I'm able to give.

" You need rest my dear." She says, making it no secret that she is displeased by this.

" Sleep won't give me anything but a moment to escape from reality."

She remains silent after this.

I let out a sigh. " I have breakfast to get to nana."

" At least you are eating." She comments.

" You have something to tell me nana, what is it?" I say, ignoring what she said.

" The doctor came by earlier."

" She has my results."

" Yes and she wishes to tell you everything directly. She's waiting for you to come back."

" I might return later then expected nana."

" But you are coming back."

" Hmm. I was thinking of seeing papa first."

" You know that it won't be long until he finds out about what happened, between you and your brother."

" It won't change anything."

" Try telling him that, once he does."

" I can't let papa hurt him, you know I can't."

" I don't want you to get hurt."

" I've surpassed being hurt nana, it's all fragile pieces waiting to be broken further." I say.

" Don't speak like that my flower please." She pleads on a whisper.

I close my eyes for a moment, swallowing the lump in my throat.

" I must go nana." I say.

I hear her sigh again.

" Another thing, your mate's sister."

" What about her?"

" She was here, well standing and watching your home for some time. I went out to invite her in but she turned and walked away." She takes a minute before continuing. " She's been greatly affected by what happened to her big brother."